Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Skincare routine help!!!!

Can someone help guide me with skincare products and a regimen for my complexion problems? My skin is very dry, very acne prone, uneven, dull, and now I have fine lines around my eyes and a deeper wrinkle between my forehead. I’m also searching for makeup that can help with my complexion instead of simply masking issues and making them worse.

Re: Skincare routine help!!!!

Hi @Crimsonblade!

If you have very dry skin, I'd recommend being very gentle with your skin and careful to not over exfoliate or use active ingredients that are too drying too often.  I have combo/oily skin that is slightly dehydrated, sometimes sensitive and acne prone.  Here's what I'd recommend in terms of a routine:

1. Gentle cleanser - Some I'd recommend that are for sensitive dry skin are:  Fresh Soy Cleanser, Caudalie Foaming Cleanser, Cetaphil Facial Cleanser, CeraVe

2. Serum - vitamin C is great to brighten and help with evening skin tone. My favorites are:  Ole Henriksen Truth Serum, Caudalie Radiance Serum (used after Caudalie's Brightening Essence - this contains 2% glycolic acid which helps with exfoliation and evening skin tone - I only use this at night).

3. Moisturizer - since you're skin is dry, you may need something that's a bit creamy, rich (compared to what I'd use).  I've used for when I'm super dehydrated: Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Face Butter, Eucerin Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Creme.  Other's that many people rave about include:  First Aid Beauty, Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve, Glamglow Glowstarter.

4. SPF - I personally use a separate SPF and prefer mineral based.  Clinique Pep-Start UV Daily Protector - has a a little tint to minimize any white cast, and it's moisturizing.

To spot treat pimples, I highly recommend using 100% tea tree oil (I buy mine at Trader Joe's),  I dab some on as soon as I start feeling one coming out. I wash my face first and then rub a tiny bit with my finger on the spot.  I then continue my routine.

I hope you find this helpful!

F1160284-B2FD-43BB-AB11-7F0A58218E4A.jpeg@Crimsonblade  Drunk elephant has helped my complexion a lot as well as reduce wrinkles by my eyes. It’s not perfect but a lot better than before. I’d suggest trying these duos to see if they work for you skin. Mario Badescu has also helped me. I use that brand for the enzyme mask and cleaning gel.  Good luck. It stinks having unruly skin. As far as makeup, I’ve tried IT cosmetics bye bye foundation but it didn’t help me.  I’ve read a lot of positive reviews from others so you may have luck with it. I stick to Tarte rainforest of the sea as it is water based. It doesn’t help clear my skin but it doesn’t cause additional issues.  

Yes! Thank you so much for responding! Ironically I’ve been looking at Drunk Elephant products and I just tried my sisters It CC cream yesterday and it worked okay i suppose. I think I’m going to try Tarte’s rainforest of the sea or whatever it’s called with their Amazonian clay. Thanks again! 

RE: Re: Skincare routine help!!!!

I have very dull looking skin and for the past month I have been using Korres. I use the yoghurt cleanser, oil with vitamin C and their brightening moisturizer and my skin has improved.
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos1
  • F1160284-B2FD-43BB-AB11-7F0A58218E4A.jpeg
testing