Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Rosehip seed oil & retinol

I've heard a lot of great things about using Rosehip seed oil and I would like to incorporate it in my skincare routine but I also use a retinol product (Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol wrinkle overnight serum). Is it ok to layer with a retinol product? And, if so I'm guessing you would put it after the retinol right?

Thank you!

Hi ....I think its alright to layer both but in the night...

Hi ....I think its alright to layer both but in the night time only. since rosehip oil has a lot of vitamin A it makes your skin much more sensitive to the sun and well retinol does that too. or you could alternate between both and apply spf 50 sunscreen if you are using either during the day. also i just wanna say rosehip oil can be a bit drying(depends) when used alone.and it be adviceable to get another light weight oil to dilute it with....my rosehip oil is diluted 50:50 ..and it works amazing.

Re: Hi ....I think its alright to layer both but in the night...

This is great advice! But are you sure rosehip seed oil vitamin A increases your sensitivity to the sun? I've never heard of that.

In general, I think if you're using retinol in your routine an SPF is recommended in the day time.

I personally wouldn't recommend retinol in the AM.

Honestly. I always thought that it did until you raised the question. My mistake I did some reading and for some reason my mind was mistaking Retin A as .....vitamin A.

But i still stand by my word of getting better results when mixed with other oil types. I hope I didn't cause more confusion.

Which other oils would you mix rosehip oil with? Would argan oil make a good blend?

argan oil is amazing . I've used seabuckthorn berry oil (too orangey but great)

and have tried grapeseed oil which makes for a super lightweight oil (too dry for me). almond oil seems to fair well with almost all skin types.

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing