Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Progres eye cream dupe??

They’ve discontinued my eye cream! I use Lancôme progres, and I am in need of a replacement. I like a really heavy under eye cream, I’ve been using progres for years. Any advice?? Thank you!!! #lancome.  #progres  #Lancôme

Re: Progres eye cream dupe??

I was a long-time Progres user, too, and I'm furious that they've discontinued it. But a friend who was also a Progres user told me she started using the Eucerin Original Healing creme. I've been using it for a few months, now, and the texture and thickness is so similar to Progres that I've come to love it. It is completely fragrance free, as well. 

Yes!!!!  I bought a jar of the Eucerin Healing Cream and it is the best replacement for Progrés I have found!  Thank you!!!!!

I have started to try and make this eye cream myself. I worked for Lancome for 10 years and sold many jars of Progres. Needless to say, it was my favorite and I do no see that anything really compares to it on the market.

I thought I would let you all know that ozokerite is nothing but a wax that is used to thicken, common in lip products. It was not important to what made Progres work, it simply was part of the thickness. You could turn a jar of Progres upside down and it would never come out. It similarly gave great support to the delicate eye skin against gravity and time. The ingredients in Progres were very basic.The top ingredients were petrolatum, shea butter and castor oil. But don't let that throw you. These are all great ingredients for too many reasons to list, all from nature, and with no substitutes.There were makeup artists who swore by it for getting opaque concealers to blend and not crease. With the intense contouring of today, it is ideal. There was absolutely no obvious reason to discontinue it. But don't be fooled when trying to find something similar.  

It's not out there. 

Can you share the recipe? I have also been looking for an alternative and tried reaching out to Lancôme/L’Oreal with no success. 

Or if you can suggest a couple of people to contact, that would be great. 

all the other creams I’ve tried are too light / too gel-like / too silicone (Lancôme - it’s so slippery and unpleasant) / too thin / drying and irritating. Most are expensive. Even though Progres ingredients were simple, they were moisturizing. 

Thank you for posting! #ProgresEyeCream #Lancome 

Perricone MD has a very thick, hypoallergenic eye cream and moisturizer.  It absorbs without a film and combats dry flaky skin like no other.  It’s always the “additional” step in my skin care routine.

I feel your pain. I've been using the product for about 3 decades as a night undereye cream. I discovered it in my early 20s and about to hit 50 in a couple years. I still can't believe its been discontinued. I went to the lancome website to re-purchase a few bottle but its not available any more. I typically purchase 4 at a time and always repurchase when I have 1 left which is NOW. I'm pretty much freaking out. I typically use Paula Choice Anti-aging eye cream during the day but will have to start using it during the night till I find a replacement. I did try the Paula Choice Omega+ but did not like it. I'm going to try out the Bobbi Brown and Kiehl's Creamy Eye and Paula Choice Ceremide enriched firming eye cream. Hoping one of those is comparable. 

Its been a year since your original post so I'm wondering what you've been using and if you discovered anything that's comparable. #progres #lancome #eyecream

The Biossance line has an amazing eye cream. I have used lots of eye creams snd this one by far has made the biggest difference in my fine lines and dark circles and the eye gel is great for puffiness. I use them both. Ps I m 48 snd gave drier skin 

If you're looking for a thick eye cream you may like Khiel's Creamy Eye Treatment With Avocado. It's very moisturizing, helps with fine lines and puffiness and is fragrance free if this is an issue for you. I tried several different eye creams over the winter to address my very dry undereye skin and this one I found to be the best of the lot for me.

I tried the Kiehl’s and it was very thin and gel-like. Not at all like Progres. Bobbi Brown thick but not creamy or moisturizing and I didn’t care for the perfumes. I’m trying out Bare Minerals, but with retinol, can’t use during the day. And it’s a different, more slimy consistency

I too used Progres for years and the Kiehl's Creamy avocado eye is somewhat of a replacement, it has the most important ingredient that Progres had and that's Ozokerite.

Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing