Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Need to know products that help my skin recover!!! So dry from cold and warm compress and tons of makeup.

I was in an accident that caused eyes and nose to swell up and even give me black eyes. After first doing two days of cold compress and now still doing several days of warm compress on my skin, it feels and looks so dry. Not to mention all the makeup layers (color correcting, Concealer, foundation and powder) I have to wear. I’m 31 years old so some lines can be seen a little more because of all the recovery I had to do. Any products to help my skin get back to it’s nice supple self? FYI my skin type is combo/oily. Thanks everyone!

Re: Need to know products that help my skin recover!!! So dry from cold and warm compress and tons of makeup.

Try the Boost treatment from Amore Pacific. You use the treatment for a month (one pump-

MelissaGardner wrote:
I was in an accident that caused eyes and nose to swell up and even give me black eyes. After first doing two days of cold compress and now still doing several days of warm compress on my skin, it feels and looks so dry. Not to mention all the makeup layers (color correcting, Concealer, foundation and powder) I have to wear. I’m 31 years old so some lines can be seen a little more because of all the recovery I had to do. Any products to help my skin get back to it’s nice supple self? FYI my skin type is combo/oily. Thanks everyone!

morning & night) and the super concentrated bamboo sap restores and normalizes your skin. You actually make your own moisture. 

Worth every penny I spent on this. I’m 41 and work in AC/Heated environments, fly a lot and use a lot of sunscreen which made my skin dry. This basically fixed my dry skin. Plus I’m not needing to wear a lot of foundation as my skin texture looks better. 

Re: Need to know products that help my skin recover!!! So dry from cold and warm compress and tons of makeup.

Glad you recommended the BR. It truly is an amazing product.

While it will help with tone, I think it’s too early for healing. Be works by turning over skin cells and exfoliating so you may want to be careful depending on how far along you are in the healing process.

My holy grail And what I would recommend is biafine.https://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=153536/Biafine-Emulsion/Unlisted-Brand/Tre...)

RE: Re: Need to know products that help my skin recover!!! So dry from cold and warm compress and tons of makeup.

Thank you for replying! I took the first two days to just heal and only putting on makeup when I go out. Then I take it off if I spend the rest of the day inside. Black eyes are almost gone and now my nose is just the only thing that is sore. I love Argan Oil and need to put it back into my life now. Gonna take a break from makeup for a bit soon. Gonna get my skin some much needed moisture. Thanks again.

RE: Re: Need to know products that help my skin recover!!! So dry from cold and warm compress and tons of makeup.

The best for helping you heal is Vitamin E Oil. After surgery the nurse told me to use it to prevent scaring. It works. Whenever my face is really dry I use it at night. You don't need all the fancy ingredients, just pure Vitamin E Oil.

Re: RE: Re: Need to know products that help my skin recover!!! So dry from cold and warm compress and tons of makeup.

Biafine! 

Oh, no. Heal up quickly! I keep a tube of Farmacy Honey S...

Oh, no. Heal up quickly! I keep a tube of Farmacy Honey Savior around for times when my oily but sensitive skin is reacting to everything and I want moisture, whether on my entire face, just my eyes, or the tops of my hands. It's a true salve with a honey-like texture, so it's shiny and not something you'd want to apply anything over. It's also just good to have on hand for dry cracked heels & in winter when you need any sort of dry skin relief.

RE: Oh, no. Heal up quickly! I keep a tube of Farmacy Honey S...

Thank you for replying! I took the first two days to just heal and only putting on makeup when I go out. Then I take it off if I spend the rest of the day inside. Black eyes are almost gone and now my nose is just the only thing that is sore. Going to sephora ASAP to get honey savior! I read up on honey being able to heal skin. Gonna take a break from makeup for a bit soon. Gonna get my skin some much needed moisture. Thanks again.

Good call on just letting your skin rest when you don't n...

Good call on just letting your skin rest when you don't need to go out! I love honey anything and the philosophy behind Farmacy, so I'm always trying their products. Honey Savior is my one must-have from them. On a somewhat related note, there have been many research studies specifically on New Zealand Manuka honey for at least 20 years and I'm now starting to see standardized products for it in drugstores for wound care, etc. 🙂
8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing