cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Looking for a nightly routine

Hello Everyone,

This year I turned 30 and I wanted to start a nightly skin routine to help stop wrinkles or any sign of aging. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciate!!!

This is my proposed nightly routine so far: 

Neutrogena For Men Face Wash

Shiseido Benefiance Wrinkle Smoothing Eye Cream 0.51 oz/ 15 mL

Arnold Palmer Cocoa Butter as a moisturizer 

Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 2 oz / 59 ml 

Cleanse in the morning with face wash

Any Recommendations? 

Re: Looking for a nightly routine

@SupremeLEMON  Do you use a sunscreen with minimum SPF of 30 each day? Sunscreen is the best preventative anti-aging product available, since the sun is responsible for most signs of aging. 

Thanks! I’ll add that to my list.

@SupremeLEMON  Your skin will thank you! Not only is sunscreen anti-aging, it also protects you from far worse things, like skin cancer. 🙂 

Make sure the sunscreen you choose is at least SPF 30 and "broad spectrum" (protects skin from UVA and UVB rays). Better yet, look for one that has both an SPF number and +signs listed on the front label. The more +s, the greater the UVA protection; 4 is the max, 3 is high, 2 is moderate. 

My current favorite chemical sunscreen is Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40 1.7 oz/ 50 mL . My favorite mineral/physical sunscreen is Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Sheer Mineral Sun Spray SPF 50 4 oz . I also think CoTZ makes great sunscreens; you can find them at Ulta (if you're in the US). And I'm testing a few Asian sunscreens that use newer chemical UVA blockers we can't get yet in American sunscreens. 

When applying sunscreen, apply it to your entire face, including your eyelids, as well as any exposed skin: ears, behind the ears, any part of the neck that's exposed to sunlight (including the back of your neck), etc. For my hands, I use a hand cream that contains sunscreen. Any sunscreen that doesn't work well for my face (leaves a white or purple cast, for instance) gets used on my exposed arms, legs, ankles, feet, etc. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing