Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Foundation

Hey! I was hoping to get some suggestions!! What is everyone’s favorite brand of clean makeup for mature skin? I’m 43 and I feel like at this point some makeup is starting to settle into fine lines around my eyes. 

Re: Foundation

I agree with @CindyMellow about the armani for sure. Its radiant. I think u want to look for a more soft slightly dewy foundation as anything matte will show every line.  dewy would reflect the light allowing the lines to be less noticeable. Too much glow tho and it will settle into the lines.
The foundation that I love is the Shiseido Synchro Skin Self-Refreshing Foundation 

It is another soft glowing one that maybe is a little easier on the bank acct than armani ( although it still dents it a tad).

the nars is nice too but i find armani and sheseido had an undertone that was closer to what I needed. Try going i to sephora and shade match all 3 maybe?? Good luck!!

There are alot of good reccomendations here @MWC53 I hope you find something that suits you 🩷

You base is very important if you find your foundations or products are settling into your lines. 

Nicely hydrated and prepped skin makes your canvas for foundation a lot easier to work with. A good moisturizer and a hydrating primer (also giving it time to set before going in with your foundation) can help. 💗

Have you ever tried a skin tint,  tinted moisturizer or tinted sunscreen etc...?

Products like this give you a light natural coverage, that avoid the problems you are experiencing with your foundation. 

Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Soothing Serum Skin Tint Foundation with Peptides + Ceramides 10 

Dr. Jart+ Premium BB Tinted Moisturizer with Niacinamide and SPF 40 Deep Tan 

Supergoop! Glowscreen SPF 40 Sunscreen with Hyaluronic Acid + Niacinamide 

Saie Slip Tint Dewy Tinted Moisturizer Three 

There's really a ton for all types of skin 😃

I live by Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Longwear Foundation. I have horrible under eye circles and also have trouble with foundation creasing under my old eyes (I'm 44) with every other kind I've tried. It also lasts all day if I use a primer, the Charlotte Tilbury setting spray, and setting powder. Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Longwear Foundation Charlotte Tilbury Jumbo Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray 6.7 oz / 200 ml Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder Hope that helps!

I don't know how clean it was but the best foundation for mature skin that I found was Chanel Vitalumiere (medium to full coverage).  Chanel discontinued it last year and I will not forgive them for it.  I have been using Nars Radiant Tinted Moisturizer which doesn't show texture, doesn't settle in my eye creases and gives a beautiful, youthful glow.

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer  #

@MWC53 My favorite clean foundations are MERIT The Minimalist Perfecting Complexion Foundation and Concealer Stick Dune  and Westman Atelier Vital Skin Full Coverage Foundation and Concealer Stick .

I also love this Merit product.

Hey Pumpkin!  Are you married to foundation?  I ask because I, found myself struggling to find one that would “work” and then at some point just rethought my goals and quit using it. What is it, specifically, that you want foundation to provide?

It’s funny you say that, because I have started to not put any make up on under my eyes because I feel like it makes me look older… but I do think I need liquid foundation for the rest of my face. I work the night shift and I feel like if I don’t have foundation and blush on I look sick!!! 

I think that you’ve fallen into the trap 🪤 a lot of us get into… you’ve internalized this image of yourself as normal, and so when you see your actual self… you view that as something ‘sick’ (or something else negative.)

I would actually recommend weaning yourself off of foundation. I think you’ll find you can actually love your skin. That doesn’t mean going cold turkey, or forgoing all makeup. I’m a big fan of Laura Mercier’s tinted moisturizer. She’s got a few different formulas and a good shade range; you can buy a travel size to just dip your toe in. 

After I stopped using foundation, I still kept using concealer… but eventually stopped using that. I still play with blush and bronzer. I love doing my eyes. But I found that once I stopped using foundation, I started focusing more towards my actual skin, and improved my routine. 

Look into a good hydrating primer before swapping your foundation. Sometimes the perfect primer can fix everything else 

What’s your favorite primer?

I’m on my second bottle of Armani foundation. It’s the best one yet for my mature skin, I’m 53. I don’t find that it settles at all, very smooth application and I no longer need to use powder over my makeup. I know it’s expensive but it’s the only product I’ve used that seems to work and look natural on my skin. 

Can you tell me what specific Armani foundation you use? I want to try!

I use the Luminous Silk and I buy the mini kind because I mix colours depending on the season. 

i have yet to find anything that looks like my skin the way this stuff does and I’ve tried a lot of brands!

IMG_8184.jpeg

I would recommend the nars light reflecting foundation. It is just a beautiful foundation for mature skin.

Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 42 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
Photos1
  • IMG_8184.jpeg
testing