cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Foundation

Hello everyone, 

I am looking for a really good foundation that doesn't make me look aged. I am in my 50's and I cant wear the foundation I did before because it settles in my lines. just wondering if you can recommend one that doesn't do that (as much) 

I'm not looking for a skin care line or a primer, I have that.... just a good foundation, please.

Thanks 🙂

Re: Foundation

@sarahsilva I just turned 30 and my Mom is 61 and we are using the same foundation. We both really love it! She had the same issues as you do, and was thrilled when we found our now foundation. We use BareMinerals BareSkin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation. I recommend buying the brush that they made to go with it to apply it because it works so well, and your hands don't get foundation all over them. This foundation is luminizing, but it's subtle, it just gives you a soft, healthy glow. It's lightweight and buildable and it doesn't settle into any of her lines! It's also priced well, I believe it's only $29.

La Prairie Skin Caviar foundation&concealer. I used to use Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk and Guerlain Parure de lumiere and thought them the best, but since I changed to La Prairie I don't even touch them.

I had been wearing a Lancome foundation for years and was fairly happy with it but then I tried Guerlain Lingerie de Peau fluide, and I really like it. I am older than you, and most certainly have fine lines, and I find that this foundation treats them kindly. I like my face to look like it is skin and the Lingerie de Peau evens out my skin tone yet doesn't look as if I have trowelled on a ton of makeup. It is fairly expensive, so it might be worth getting a sample so that you can try it out to see if it builds the way you want it to. Good luck!

RE: Foundation

I’m in my late 40’s and have been wearing Diorskin Forever Perfect Foundation for the last 10 yrs. I like that I’m able to build up the amount of coverage I need, where I need it, and also it doesn’t settle in my fine lines. I also love the foundation brush to apply it with and the Diorskin setting powder to bake under my eyes and to do a light dusting afterwards. I’ve never had to use a setting spray and my makeup holds up in extreme weather conditions.

I helped my mom pick out the Makeup Forever HD Stick for her foundation because she felt like all her foundations looked odd on her or settled into her face in ways she didn't like. It's pretty moisturizing without being too much and its really easy to blend and apply. I hope you find something you like!

@sarahsilva  I agree with @sister13's recommendation of Josie Maran's Vibrancy foundation.  I've also had great experiences with Armani's Luminous Silk Foundation and Omorovicza's Complexion Perfector BB Light.  It only comes in a few shades, and it's expensive but almost twice the size as other foundations.

Hi, @sarahsilva!  I'm 53 with combo/oily skin (but it's getting drier the older I get!)  I've been wearing Lancombe Tient Idole Ultra 24 Hour for the past 3 years.  (I believe the name of the foundation has changed; I haven't needed a new bottle yet.)  It's buildable medium to full coverage, isn't drying, and is lightweight.  I use a moisturizer and primer before applying my makeup.  You may also want to look into NARS new Radiant foundation.  I haven't tried it yet, but it's on my Loves list.

Hi @sarahsilva, I highly recommend the following that seem to do really well based on what you are looking for. These are all hydrating and radiant, which helps to plump fine lines and drier skin.

Josie Maran Vibrancy liquid foundation - high coverage, long wearing

Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Stick - high coverage, decent wear

NARS Tinted Moisturizer - sheer to medium coverage, SPF 30

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing