Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Foundation for mature skin

Someone please tell me what foundation doesn’t settle in to fine lines and wrinkles? Just tried all three Kosas foundations and all settled in pores, fine lines and wrinkles. HELP!!! 

Kimberly 

Re: Foundation for mature skin

I found that if you prep your skin well prior to applying foundations most of them work the same. I am really into a good skincare routine that hydrates and plumps the skin. Using products with HLA’s, and peptides before your moisturizer is very helpful and then like previously mentioned using a good primer helps. I love Tatcha’s primer best

Thanks for the advice but I do prep, I mix my own HLA and use relentlessly. Maybe it’s just my skin. But really, thanks again.

I have been struggling as well. Think I tried around 7 different ones in a few months. Decided to try tinted and fell in love with YSL NU skin tint it’s highly pigmented for a tint. Might have to try mixing 2 colors though 

Thank! I think I’ll try it. Haven’t heard of it. 

I had the same issues!  Dior Backstage was a huge win for me. I realized that if I waited until my skincare dries down (including sunscreen) then applied primer, settling was WAY less. (I was using too much primer too). Givenchy Prisme Libre and Armani luminous Silk foundations are also great. I tried all the drug store foundations too and none worked for me. (Trust me. I’m probably flagged at Sephora and Ulta for returns. Lol). I’m dry with oily T-zone and in Texas heat (outside sales finds me walking around downtown in 105 heat). Dior Backstage is worth the $$ for me. (Also, concealer is one of the last things I apply so I don’t overapply. Winky Lux is fantastic concealer and I also like the Makeup by Mario color correction pallet. 

I have found Dr Jart’s BB cream to smooth and even out skin tone as well as blur pores. It does not settle in wrinkles. I’ve been using it for years and have tried other products but none do the job for me that Dr Jart’s  does. 

Thanks for the reply! I’m going to take your advice and give Dr harts a try. 

Thank you so much for your feedback. I too am in the Lone Star State. I have gone from foundations to tinted moisturizers. I’m 62 with dry skin, a few fine lines and wrinkles. I’m really Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Positive Light Tinted Moisturizer 36C 

that is not actually my color, but that’s the brand. 

I am sticking to tinted moisturizer these days. I keep coming back to Laura Mercier.

Primer before foundation.  1, it smoothes out your skin ( fills in wrinkles, lines) 2, it creates a barrier so the foundation doesn't seep into your skin so it stays flawless, 3. You use much less product with primer on . Smashbox Photo Finish Smooth & Blur Oil-Free Foundation Primer 1 oz/ 30 mL #  Urban Decay All Nighter Face Primer 1 oz/ 30 mL , StriVectin Line BlurFector ™ Instant Wrinkle Blurring Face Primer 1 oz / 30 mL , bareMinerals Good Hydrations Silky Face Primer 1 oz/ 30 mL 

Surprisingly, I’ve had great results with Fenty Beauty. I use their primer, foundation, and setting powder. 

I am also looking for the holy grail of foundation. The last time I went to Sephora, I was convinced to the Makeup Forever and was told it’s what a lot of local news anchors wear. I am not a fan. It doesn’t have longevity. I heard Armani has a good foundation called luminous silk. I also heard 

Estée Lauder Futurist Hydra Rescue Moisturizing Foundation SPF 45 is good for mature skin. I am 50,very serious about my skin care and just want that youthful glow when I wear makeup and doe it not to crease. 

I have been pleased with BareMinerals products for the face. I use primer, compressed powder and liquid concealer. For the eyes, I have found cream based eye shadow sticks best. My favorite is Thrive Causemetics (sadly not available at Sephora). I am 68 yrs old with formerly oily skin, with visible pores on  my nose...sun sensitivity.

Also I have a partial face lift to get rid of my fleshy neck... 

I find that all medium / heavy coverage foundations  tends to settle in lines , skin tint or cc creams work best for my skin at 46 

Good advice, I now have some in my basket 

Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Positive Light Tinted Moisturizer  Thanks! 

I too am on the hunt for a good foundation that doesn’t highlight my dry skin & wrinkles!! (Kosas was awful!) I’m 38 yrs old with newly dry skin & I have yet to figure out how to manage the “no makeup” makeup look bc of all the wrinkle amplification in every product I’ve tried so far. Ugh!!

Have you tried using a foundation primer to help keep your foundation from settling in your lines @Jess369 ? I have been cocktailing different primers but when I am in a hurry I will use Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40 or #Supergoop! Glowscreen SPF 40 PA+++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL . Even on no makeup days the Glowscreen gives a nice glowy canvas. I also use SEPHORA COLLECTION Best Skin Ever Liquid Foundation . I started to apply my foundation in small amounts that could always be built up. I am noticing that foundation build up has been minimized by using this method. 

Yes ma’am I always wear a primer and a very good one at that. I use Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Illuminating Primer- Always An Optimist Collection 0.94 oz/ 28 mL 

Just tried Clinique Even Better Glow Foundation in Vanilla. A friend had it and gave it to me. So far I’m loving it! We’ll see at the end of the week. I’ll keep you posted!
CLINIQUE Even Better Glow™ Light Reflecting Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Foundation Vanilla 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • 8379F911-3C6A-403F-B9C0-A0D28090CBED.jpeg
testing