Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Estée Lauder vs. Lancôme

Looking to buy a serum to add to my skincare routine and I’m stuck on the Estée Lauder night repair or the Lancôme Génifique. Does anyone have any recommendations on which is better?

Estée Lauder Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Multi-Recovery Complex Serum 3.9 oz/ 11... Lancôme Glowing in Genifique Face Serum & Eye Cream Duo 

Re: Estée Lauder vs. Lancôme

Reading through the comments, it sounds like your looking for a good anti aging serum, this is a serum for night time, not to be mixed with other actives ( ie - no retinol on nights you use this)

#The Ordinary "Buffet" + Copper Peptides 1% 1 oz/ 30 mL 

Give it a read and see what you think 😄 @kaitramona 

Remember it takes weeks to see results from new skin care 💕

(I can't recommend between the ones you mentioned, I wasn't greatly impressed by either)

Hey, I wouldn’t choose either of these, can recommend to check out Skinceuticals serums, if you haven’t heard maybe it’s worth to look into. 

Génifique has denatured alcohol so for me it does nothing but dry out my skin. I think of the two Night Repair is better but they are both too expensive. 

I would do a vitamin c serum in the daytime and an exfoliating product in the nighttime. 

one of my favorite vitamin c's is Peter Thomas Roth Potent-C™ Vitamin C Power Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL , it has 20% THD Ascorbate which is the most stable form of vitamin c and was super effective for me for brightening

my favorite exfoliating product is Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One AHA Lactic Acid Treatment 1 oz/ 30 mL . It really helps with anti-aging, smoothing out texture and discoloration

I have tried both, honestly not really partial to either... however estee lauder idealist I love love love...its getting harder to find... but if you can find it and sample it before you commit you will see what I mean. Its silky smooth, just heavenly. I have honestly been mixing it up though, usually estee lauder idealist in am, but sometimes drunk elephant B hydra intensive in am with protini, Pm sometimes I use drunk elephant tlc framboise glycolic night serum with protini (get the mini's to try for starters... a little goes a long way!), or my faithful standbye -ordinary - hyaluronic acid 2% + by hydrating serum... I use this one day or night. I am 48, combo skin 🙂  

@kaitramona If I'm being completely honest I don't think that either of them is particularly fabulous.  I've used both and I never thought that they made enough of a noticeable difference for me, although I totally realize that results vary from person to person.  What do you want your serum to do for you?

I absolutely agree with CookieGirl. I have also tried both and been less than impressed.

Oh no! I want a serum that helps with anti-aging and help brighten my skin and helps minimize pores. I think I’m asking for a lot lol but that’s ideally what I’d like.

The Estee Lauder Serum is fragrance free. I have used it and I'm currently using a sample of the Lancome genifique. It also seems to be quite good. I have read some people have mentioned it dried their skin a little bit. The Lancome one that is. If you need more lifting I have heard the Estee Lauder one is best for that

Saludos. Creo que el uso del suero se potencia o es más efectivo si semanalmente haces una exfoliación.

I’m using Gentrifique right now because I got a trail size for cheap and I’m not overwhelmed by it. I’d think any good hyloronic acid formula would work for far less.

Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing