Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Dry lips

Lipstick that does not dry out on lips. I am 71 and my lips look awful when they dry out.

Thanks,

Peggy

Re: Dry lips

@swanmargo My lips have been seeming kinda dry, shrunken, in the last few years. I like OLEHENRIKSEN Pout Preserve Hydrating Peptide Lip Treatment   The original one isn’t tinted and wears well under my lip gloss. I like more shiny, sheer products. I like CLINIQUE Almost Lipstick Black Honey , Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme Lip Plumper Gloss in Chocolate, and Dior Lip Glow Oil Coral   

Try rose hip oil before applying lipstick,stain,or gloss

Dior lip oil stick is my current favorite 

@swanmargo  Do you use lip balm under lipstick? My lips are sand dunes unless I wear lip balm, whether or not I also wear lipstick. (Lipstick is my favorite makeup item and I do wear it often.) My daily balm is plain ol’ Aquaphor Ointment. Not the Aquaphor product(s) specifically marketed as “lip balm”; I mean the regular ointment that comes in tubs and tubes. I apply a thin layer to damp (with water, not saliva) lips and it keeps my lips moisturized for hours. Some folks prefer CeraVe Healing Ointment for this, and other people use Vaseline. The common denominator among those products is petrolatum, the most occlusive (water loss preventing) skincare ingredient on the market. 

As for lipstick, I have a few more questions for you: 

1. What finish do you prefer? Satin cream, matte, demi-matte, shiny/glossy? 
  2. Do you want full opacity, semi-sheer, or truly sheer coverage? 
  3. Bullet, liquid/cream (tube with a doe foot applicator), or pot/jar? 
  4. Are you sensitive to fragrance? 
  5. Do you have a budget/price point? 

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing