Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Anti aging

I am looking for anti-aging skincare to add to my routine now that I am getting older(early 20s). I have combination skin and really no signs of aging as of now. I am interested in the Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Moisturizer and would like to the know the thoughts of any long-time users.

Re: Anti aging

@unclesam It got 1/5 stars on beautypedia; here's the review:

Spoiler

Whatever Fresh's "proprietary Super 7 Complex" is (you can't tell from the ingredient label or their marketing information), this lightweight moisturizer isn't the anti-aging powerhouse it's described as—not even close! You're getting a very standard mix of water with slip agents, thickeners, film-forming agents, and preservatives.

The amount of proven anti-aging ingredients is minimal, with maca root (listed by its Latin name of Lepidium meyenii) having no research supporting Fresh's claim that it's known to make skin more luminous while boosting skin cell turnover rate.

What does have research pertaining to its use is lemon peel oil, also present in this moisturizer but not in a good way. The problem is that lemon peel is a strong skin irritant, not an anti-aging wonder (Sources: Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, November 2002, pages 709–714; and Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database, www.naturaldatabase.com).

Along with a basic formula laced with problematic citrus oil, this face cream is packaged in a jar. See More Info to learn why buying any anti-aging skin care packaged in a jar is a waste of money.

PROS:
  • None.
CONS:
  • Really basic formula that barely qualifies as anti-aging.
  • Jar packaging won't keep the good plant ingredients stable once opened.
  • Lemon oil is a skin irritant.
  • Maca root has no research proving it increases skin cell turnover or luminosity.

I would start with retinol, antioxidants and AHA for anti-aging.  🙂

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing