Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

black heads

how can i get rid of these pesky black heads that just dont want to go away 

Re: black heads

@rayyrayy2001 Blackheads can be troublesome.  I get them too and utilize one of the recommendations by @WinglessOne  which is the clay mask.  They really seem to work with my skin and I've had great results.  My two favorites are #Origins Clay Mask and the Problem Solver Mask by May Lindstrom.  The May Lindstrom mask may not be suitable for you if you sensitive skin. 

@rayyrayy2001  I'm sure you've already heard this but: don't try to pop or extract (with a tool) blackheads yourself. Leave that to a pro. 

Salicylic acid is a great starting point: it gets down into your pores to attack bacteria and break up the gunk that's clogging them. Have you already tried that? My favorite BHA products are made by Paula's Choice: most folks love the Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Exfoliating Liquid, but I like the CLEAR Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution (regular strength) which is also 2% BHA. I also occasionally use the PC 4% and 9% BHA products. 

Clay and charcoal masks can loosen blackhead plugs and help draw out the gunk. My favorites are Origins Clear Improvement™ Active Charcoal Face Mask to Clear Pores 2.5 oz/ 75 mL and Paula's Choice Pore Clarifying Charcoal Gel Mask. You might also like The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Masque 1.7 oz/ 50 mL which combines clay, charcoal, and 2% BHA. There's also The INKEY List Kaolin Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

For very stubborn blackheads that won't go away with any of that stuff, consider the retinoid adapalene. It's the active ingredient in Differin and La Roche-Posay Effaclar Adapalene Gel . You can buy both of those at Ulta, Target, and other places. 

So helpful thanks for the advice

Dr Dennis gross red peel pads are excellent 

@rayyrayy2001 What's your skin type and what items are in your current skincare routine? Generally speaking, a good BHA/salicylic acid serum will help with blackheads. 

I have oily skin and I use the the beauty bio ph balance cleanser and then the zenbubble mosturizer

@rayyrayy2001 Ok, since both of those seem pretty gentle, you shouldn't have a problem adding in a BHA/salicylic acid serum. Paula's Choice has a couple different BHA options that very popular- you may want to consider their 2% BHA exfoliant. If you're new to chemical exfoliation, CosRx has a BHA that is little gentler to start (though for some, may not be as effective). I'd also check out SEPHORA COLLECTION Clarifying Peel Pads 60 Pads

Hi @rayyrayy2001 ! Blackheads are annoying. I’ve seen really great results with Proactiv products, they have seriously helped my acne. They also have a Blackhead Dissolving Gel at Shoppers Drug Mart, which is AMAZING! I’d also recommend using Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner 5.07 oz/ 150 mL which has blackhead fighting ingredients. Salicylic Acid and Benzoyl Peroxide are my favourite ingredients for my acne The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Masque 1.7 oz/ 50 mL . I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions. Have a great day 💕

Had a really bad experience with proactive but I will for sure research the other products you’ve shown me and try them out . Thanks so much for your help 

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing