Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

black heads

how can i get rid of these pesky black heads that just dont want to go away 

Re: black heads

@rayyrayy2001 Blackheads can be troublesome.  I get them too and utilize one of the recommendations by @WinglessOne  which is the clay mask.  They really seem to work with my skin and I've had great results.  My two favorites are #Origins Clay Mask and the Problem Solver Mask by May Lindstrom.  The May Lindstrom mask may not be suitable for you if you sensitive skin. 

@rayyrayy2001  I'm sure you've already heard this but: don't try to pop or extract (with a tool) blackheads yourself. Leave that to a pro. 

Salicylic acid is a great starting point: it gets down into your pores to attack bacteria and break up the gunk that's clogging them. Have you already tried that? My favorite BHA products are made by Paula's Choice: most folks love the Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Exfoliating Liquid, but I like the CLEAR Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution (regular strength) which is also 2% BHA. I also occasionally use the PC 4% and 9% BHA products. 

Clay and charcoal masks can loosen blackhead plugs and help draw out the gunk. My favorites are Origins Clear Improvement® Active Charcoal Mask to Clear Pores 2.5 oz/ 75 mL and Paula's Choice Pore Clarifying Charcoal Gel Mask. You might also like The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Masque which combines clay, charcoal, and 2% BHA. There's also The INKEY List Kaolin Mask 

For very stubborn blackheads that won't go away with any of that stuff, consider the retinoid adapalene. It's the active ingredient in Differin and La Roche-Posay Effaclar Adapalene Gel . You can buy both of those at Ulta, Target, and other places. 

So helpful thanks for the advice

Dr Dennis gross red peel pads are excellent 

@rayyrayy2001 What's your skin type and what items are in your current skincare routine? Generally speaking, a good BHA/salicylic acid serum will help with blackheads. 

I have oily skin and I use the the beauty bio ph balance cleanser and then the zenbubble mosturizer

@rayyrayy2001 Ok, since both of those seem pretty gentle, you shouldn't have a problem adding in a BHA/salicylic acid serum. Paula's Choice has a couple different BHA options that very popular- you may want to consider their 2% BHA exfoliant. If you're new to chemical exfoliation, CosRx has a BHA that is little gentler to start (though for some, may not be as effective). I'd also check out SEPHORA COLLECTION Clarifying Peel Pads

Hi @rayyrayy2001 ! Blackheads are annoying. I’ve seen really great results with Proactiv products, they have seriously helped my acne. They also have a Blackhead Dissolving Gel at Shoppers Drug Mart, which is AMAZING! I’d also recommend using Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA +BHA Pore-Tight Toner which has blackhead fighting ingredients. Salicylic Acid and Benzoyl Peroxide are my favourite ingredients for my acne The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Masque . I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions. Have a great day 💕

Had a really bad experience with proactive but I will for sure research the other products you’ve shown me and try them out . Thanks so much for your help 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors