Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Products I can use with EpiDuo

Hi everybody! I've been using EpiDuo for years. It worked very well to the point that people were surprised when I told them I suffer from bad acne. I would only get 1 or 2 pimples per month. Because of this, I thought maybe my acne was no longer an issue. I stopped it for a while because I was trying to do an all natural approach. That didn't work out and my acne came back with a vengeance. It has been longer than 8 weeks I started using EpiDuo again, so if this is just me purging, I should be past that. I added Murad Clarifying cleanser to my routine this week and today was the first day I woke up with no new pimple. However, since I'm now using Salicylic Acid and Benzoyl Peroxide on my skin, my generally oily/combination skin is dry. I would like to exfoliate but I'm not sure if glycolic acid would be too much. In the meantime, I have dry patches in my face except for my T zone since that's usually super oily. Please help!! 

My current skin care routine:

Morning: Wash with Murad Clarifying Cleanser with my Foreo cleansing brush for combination skin. Then apply a thing layer of Epiduo. Then OleHenriksen Counter Balance Oil Control Hydrator on my T-zone and 100% Argan oil on the rest of my face. If I'm going to be out in the sun, I use Cane + Austin prime and protect mattifying primer with SPF 50. If not, I just use my CoverFX mattifying primer with anti-acne treatment. Then my Lancome Foundation.

Night: Wash with Murad Clarifying Cleanser with my Foreo cleansing brush for combination skin. Then apply a thing layer of Epiduo. Then Argan oil all over. 

My skin currently has active breakouts but the part that is "clear" is very rough to the touch. I know I really need to exfoliate but I'm not sure what product to use. HELP!!!

RE: Products I can use with EpiDuo

I think your best [and easiest] bet is to skip your foreo brush for a bit. If you can't dream of not using it daily then at LEAST reduce it to once a day. Don't add another exfoliating product to your routine since you already have your chemical exfoliation {salicylic acid} AND a mechanical exfoliator {the foreo} plus the Epiduo thrown in. Give your stressed out skin a little breather and see what you think! 😛 This is my first reply on here and wtf is up with this keyboard?! Awful. Good luck!!
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing