Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Moisturizer for YTP superfood cleanser?

I recently bought the Youth To The People Cleanser + Cream Youth Duo Mini set that includes the trial moisturizer as well. The cleanser is drying me out really bad on my cheeks. The moisturizer does not seem to be helping. I would consider myself combo with oily t-zone (very acne prone) skin

I can’t find my receipt to return the cleanser, so I want to see if anyone has had any luck with a good moisturizer counter balancing the stripping of the cleanser?? 

TIA!

Re: Moisturizer for YTP superfood cleanser?

@MamaMackenzie If you're determined to keep using the set that you got, you might even try the Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 2 oz / 59 ml (or Youth To The People Mini Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 0.5 oz/ 1... to just try it).  I know it's marketed as a sleep mask but I've used it both day and night and not only is it hydrating but it has a lovely fruity scent (all natural, not artificial) and it wears well under makeup.

@MamaMackenzie  That cleanser also makes my face a desert. (I have mostly-dry combo skin.) I think my mini bottle also came from a YTTP duo with the Superfood moisturizer, which I liked a lot. 

My first recommendation is to stop using that cleanser on your face and find one that's better for you. No need to beat up your skin just to get through a product. I wound up using my mini bottle of that cleanser as handwash and makeup swatch remover. 

Couple other tips: 

• Don't wait long between cleansing and moisturizing. 
  • Apply any moisturizer while your skin's damp, to seal in more hydration instead of dryness. 

If you really wanna keep using that cleanser on your face to use it up, well... consider trying Vanicream Moisturizing Lotion or CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion. Or you can try something more occlusive, like CeraVe Moisturizing Cream or Vanicream Moisturizing Cream. 

Hello! I also have combination skin (oily t-zone and the rest of my skin is normal) and I have also used that cleaner and it made me dry. I love the moisturizer from The Ordinary, specifically the natural moisturizing factors + HA. I’m on my third bottle of this moisturizer and it doesn’t irritate my acne prone skin! Hope this helps!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing