Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Is my Fenty foundation causing acne???

I tried the fenty foundation. The colour match and look is fabulous. But I’m getting acne like crazy. Has anyone else had breakouts? I think I need to return this product...

Re: Is my Fenty foundation causing acne???

I just bought the powder foundation but I'm returning (after using for ~2 weeks) because it has caused my skin to breakout. Too bad because the colour was a perfect match.

i use this foundation, it gives me the best coverage and it looks like a literal filter. however, it didn’t work well when i didn’t use setting powder. i bought the translucent one from the fente beauty collection aswell and it was fine after!

Hello, I used the fenty hydrating foundation and loved it. The coverage, the finish, the color match.. great. BUT it makes me break out so bad. I have had skin issues growing up and my skin was finally looking good, no active breakouts just some minor discoloration and scarring. Once I started using that foundation I broke out everywhere.. my cheeks, tiny bumps on my forehead, jawline and even some on my neck. My skin hasn’t looked this bad in a very long time. If you have sensitive skin I do not recommend using this product. 

So glad I found this convo.. I never had breakouts on my forehead until I started using the Fenty liquid & powder foundation. I stopped using them about 2-3 months ago and I'm STILL suffering from tiny cystic breakouts all over my forehead. I'm so frustrated & I hope it clears out of my system soon 😢

If you have not been using a facial primer try using a primer and then apply the foundation. I break out every time I use any foundation when I do not use a primer. I personally like to apply the benefit pore-fessional primer to all areas of my skin that are acne prone (so basically almost my entire face) try a primer and then apply your makeup and see if that helps. Also, if you can moisturize your skin about an hour before applying makeup. 

I started using this product 1 yr ago and it has completely changed my skin. Ive never had cystic acne this bad very painful and wouldn’t go away for MONTHS. I would ice my face and tried changing my diet but nothing worked. The way that my face looks makes me want to cry and hide its so bad. Until I found this forum.. I stopped using the foundation: Its been almost 2 weeks and MY FACE IS CLEARING UP. I love the coverage of this foundation If anyone knows of any good substitutes please LMK! 

I'm having the same issue, I stopped using it and my face cleared up, I tried it again, and it's back...so I now know that the foundation is the issue.😪

Same here.  So disappointing as the concealer coverage is amazing!  

I just finally tried the Fenty foundation and it ruined my skin. Cystic acne all over my face. It hurts so bad. 

Me too... 

I stopped using it three days ago.

Did you keep your acne ? or she’s gone ?

I’m very sad 

my skin is ruined 

Omg.. I had my acne prone skin calm down a few months ago... Like finally, I WASN'T breaking out anymore. Just occasionally around my period.. And the last month I have been getting PAINFUL cystic acne around my whole face. Like not just one problem area, EVERYWHERE. Pimples that have not gone away. Like I literally have never had spots on my face that last this LONG.. I have a spot on my chin that I've had for no joke A WHOLE MONTH. It won't go away. I'm not picking, I double-cleanse, I see an esthetician, I eat well, and take all my necessary vitamins. I was going insane, I'm like WTF is the problem now. I want to cry so bad. I was like what have I been doing differently? And I realized that for the last month I've only been wearing the FENTY foundation. Before, I was using Givenchy for the longest time. That's the only thing I'm doing differently. I'm going to stop using this and hopefully my skin clears... Looking at my skin right now is making me wanna cry. 

Anonymous Insider

Thank God this post exists. I loved using fenty foundation but then I started having breakouts. And for sometime I thought it’s because of the medicines I have been taking. But oh God no! It was the foundation. This thought just occurred to me that may be it’s my foundation that’s reacting on my skin. ##image.jpg

Anonymous Insider

I got acne too after using Fenty beauty hydration foundation 

I’m so glad I came across this, could be the best and worst news! I struggled w acne as a teen and when I reached my 20’s my skin cleared, I began using this foundation and maybe about a year in I stared getting horrible cystic acne on my cheeks & horrible scarring! I didn’t think it was the foundation because I was using it for so long, but just a couple days ago tried the Estée Lauder Doublw Wear foundation a try and in noticing all of my bumps going away and now I’m just dealing with my scars. I’m so glad I know what the issue is now!!!

Anonymous Insider

I'm so thankful I found this thread. 

I was using a discontinued make-up forever foundation and switched to Fenty foundation about three months ago.

I was a bit scared of changing products because I get pustular rosacea from some products due to the Ingredients, so I trialled Fenty for a week and it was fine. 

I have changed nothing else in my routine. A month ago I broke out in acne and blackheads. Tiny ones all over my cheeks. It's gotten worse and I thought it was the Fenty causing mild rosacea.

Thanks for confirming it's actually acne.... Bit of a waste of money to have bought it now.... Back to makeup forever I go!! 

I also had a bad breakout from using the Fenty foundation! I stopped using it for that reason! 

RE: Is my Fenty foundation causing acne???

no. use the website cosDNA to analyze your cosmetics. there are no ingridients in Fenty foundation (the matte one) known to cause acne. you may be having an allergic reaction/ it’s your cycle

Re: RE: Is my Fenty foundation causing acne???

The ingredients may not be a problem for you, @kathrynowens04 but anyone can react to any particular ingredient. Everyone's skin is different. Of course it's possible that specific beauty products, including the item in question in this post, could cause someone to break out.

Anonymous Insider

I only just had the thought about 5 minutes before typing this that maybe it's the Fenty. I've been switching primers like crazy but have still been breaking out like crazy. I'm gonna have to switch even though it breaks my heart. If anyone gets interested next time I go to get color matched I think I'm gonna try Estee Lauder and see how that goes.

RE: Is my Fenty foundation causing acne???

I think it’s because of the coconut oil they use in their products— clogs pores
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • 15731776993958915650215082265011.jpg
  • 15731777320106024048287226980545.jpg
  • image.jpg
testing