Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Is my Fenty foundation causing acne???

I tried the fenty foundation. The colour match and look is fabulous. But I’m getting acne like crazy. Has anyone else had breakouts? I think I need to return this product...

Re: Is my Fenty foundation causing acne???

Yes!!!! I am a Master Esthetician in the state of Utah and SEVERAL clients and myself who never had acne issues in the past now have major patches on the cheek area! Now I would just think the person doesn't wash their face properly but with my esthetic education I know I'm washing my face properly! This stuff is straight crap for your skin. Beware!!

15731776993958915650215082265011.jpg15731777320106024048287226980545.jpg

Please,

does the acne goes away ? 

I never had acne and since I’m using this fundation i can’t see my face anymore... 

This is the first time I've heard of anyone having problems out of Fenty Beauty. Is your makeup removal routine pretty thorough?

Yes 😞 I had this and used it for a good while, and I was also using a high end primer with it. It looked okay with the primer but not great, and I suspected the primer of breaking me out. So I swapped the primer, and my cystic acne got a little better but I could see there were new ones still brewing under my skin. I stopped using the foundation then too. My skin is still recovering from the same blemishes that developed during the fenty face, and it's been months since I stopped using it! I even read the reviews first to see who with acne had used it and all the reviews were good. Ugh

I tried the foundation for 2 days

@Shaz15 wrote:
I tried the fenty foundation. The colour match and look is fabulous. But I’m getting acne like crazy. Has anyone else had breakouts? I think I need to return this product...

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Liquid Foundation 445

I tried it for 2 days, with primer and one day without.

I did get two little pimples, and a bigger one one the way, But Im stopping to use it now to see if it helps.

(Sensitive dehydrated skin)

Yes! My face is breaking out so bad. It was clear about a week ago and every since I’ve used it my face is so bad to the point where I don’t even want to go out anymore without make up on 😣

Yes! My face is breaking out so bad. It was clear about a week ago and every since I’ve used it my face is so bad to the point where I don’t even want to go out anymore without make up on 😣

Sadly loved the foundation but it broke me out like crazy, like really bad. My skin is still dealing with the repercussions. I think it’s the high amount of Dimethicone, which while most foundations and primers have, the Fenty does have in high amounts. It can trap dirt, oil, and sebum. 

Oooh.. I've suspected dimethicone as the main acne-causing (for me) ingredient. Nice to know someone else suspected it! 

I like the coverage of this foundation but unfortunately I also start sever acne problem thn I read an article special ingredient of fenty which is dimethicone which is used mostly for hair care as moisturizer . It creates berried to lock moist . that’s why sweat ,Jerms creat under neath of skin and skin can’t breath cause breakout . Fenty’sactive ingredient is dimethicone 

I just bought one last week. I love how it looks on skin but i got acne after using it. It’s sad cuz I love how it applies on the skin

I've had the same problem. Breaks my heart because I love the formula. I've had to stop using it. Too Faced foundation also does the same 

Is my Fenty foundation causing acne???

i had the same problem. i now use YSL All Hours Foundation and its been amazing and long lasting.

It breaks my heart to admit but I have experienced the same with Fenty, the foundation and match sticks match my multi-toned face great but the acne has been painful and slow to heal. I am already proned to acne but it has been relentless. I had to discontinue using it....

The foundation has three acnegenic ingredients: dimethicone, talc, and benzoic acid (which is also a potential irritant). It's a pretty high concentration of dimethicone, which can be hugely problematic for some people. 

I've suspected dimethicone as a main acne-causing (for me) ingredient. I've had bad experiences with benzoic acid. 

hmmmm I use 2 topical creams for my acne because it's that bad and I've never broke out using the fenty foundation. That's so crazy omg

@Shaz15 wrote:

fenty isn't that good for skin on the normal/dryish combo side. It's geared toward the oilyish combo side. So thats probably why most of you guys are getting breakouts 

YES! I have normal skin most of the time that gets dry patches in the winter. I loved the way this foundation looked but after using it for a couple days I started breaking out for the first time in my life like crazy. Small little bumps all over my face, skin felt irritated then cystic acne on my cheeks and chin. I did stop using it for awhile, skin cleared up, thought maybe it was just a weird hormone thing... started again, same results. Really sad because it's so hard for me to find a shade match and this matched perfectly but not worth the skin woes.

Omg! Same! I’m so sad my skin was clear for such a long time and then all of a sudden after a few days of using this foundation my skin broke out like crazy and none of my skin care works anymore.

The first time I used it I broke out so I left it alone for a few months, but then I felt like it was going to waste and I had no proof that was the exact reason why I broke out, but now I’m sure that’s why. I’m so mad I worked so hard to clear up my skin and this foundation gave me cystic acne all over my cheeks and jaw.

I had a similar problem with  FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA - Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation,  

I had a sample of it and broke out so I decided not to try it again !

1 Reply
Photos3
  • 15731776993958915650215082265011.jpg
  • 15731777320106024048287226980545.jpg
  • image.jpg
testing