Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

Horrible Hyperpigmentation URGENT

IMG-3093.jpgHello,

Ive been on the search for a cure-all for my hyperpigmentation acne scars for probably a good year or two with no avail. I was wondering if there were any products that you are sure would get rid of these horrible acne scars and/or the hyperpigmentation around my mouth area on my face.I do not suffer anymore from acne, its just the scarring that is my biggest issue (and now when I do have occasional pimples I have noticed, even when I do not pick at them and they just fade away, they tend to leave horrible scars still).  I have just recently ordered: The Body Shop (Tea Tree Daily Clearing Solution) + Tea Tree Anti-Imperfection Night Mask + Mad Hippie Antioxidant Facial Oil to give them a go and change up my skincare routine. As of now my skincare routine consists of a L'oreal Age Perfect Comfortable toner with Vitamin C as well as Rosehip Oil and The Ordinary AHA + BHA (once every two weeks) that i've been using on my scars but I don't really see much of a difference. I've done a minimal amount of research to know that Vitamin C and I believe Niacinamide are good for lightening up scars but I feel as though my scars are so visible, dark and obvious that I decided to get some consulting first before making any purchases of my own. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Horrible Hyperpigmentation URGENT

@Anonymous both of the Body Shop Tea Tree products are not very good in terms of ingredients. They are probably not doing much for your skin. The Loreal Toner isn't great either. The Mad Hippie oil looks nice and heavy on antioxidants but it probably won't help lighten scarring. Rosehip oil is great and can improve skin tone so definitely keep that one. I would try exfoliating more often, using Vitamin C daily (or as tolerated), and don't forget SPF if you go outside, it'll prevent the marks form getting darker. 

@bbygrlxox If your skin can handle it, I would increase the frequency of applying acids. My skin is very tolerant so I can handle daily application of relatively high concentrations. Try different AHA products as well if The Ordinary is not working out. If budget is a consideration, there's the The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Exfoliating Toner 8 oz/ 240 mL which is an AHA. BHAs are more for clearing out pores deep down rather than resurfacing.

Vitamin C can be unstable and differs in concentration from product to product. Also, I'd recommend using a serum over a toner. Again, if budget is a concern, there's The Ordinary 100% L-Ascorbic Acid Powder 0.7 oz/ 20 g which is stable and can be added to a product. I add some to my homemade clay masks. Just don't overdo it as it can be strong! Good luck ❤️

Anonymous Insider

how effective are these in reducing scarring? ive googled these and i haven't really seen any particular association of them with hyperpigmentation, considering my scarring as seen in the picture is so terrible 

@bbygrlxox glycolic acid is an AHA- a chemical exfoliant that gently removes the top layer of your skin. If you're currently using one that you feel works for you, @pocketvenus is trying to say to try and use it more often to see faster results, maybe 2-3 times a week if your skin can handle it. L-Ascorbic Acid is straight up vitamin C powder, which helps reduce hyperpigmentation. You'd want to use that in the morning under SPF. This Vit C comes in a powder, which you can mix in with a serum (maybe a hydrating one, probably not an exfoliating one) to help with your scarring. How deeply your skin scars varies from person to person. Other good options are the The INKEY List Tranexamic Acid Hyperpigmentation Treatment 1 oz/ 30 mL which you use as your last step at night. 

@makeitup305 @Anonymous This was exactly what I was trying to say 🙂 Yes, definitely do NOT apply any AHA or BHA daily if you're new to acids, 2-3 times per week is already pretty good. And agreed, when exfoliating, it's good to include something hydrating so that your skin remains nourished and not just stripped. Your rosehip oil should help with that for sure.

Anonymous Insider

thank you guys so much! ive been working on the texturization of my face so far, the body shop tea tree clearing solution seems to be holding up. 

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos1
  • IMG-3093.jpg
testing