Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Blackheads

I have dry skin and perpetual blackhead bumps that I can not seem to get rid of. I am alternating retinol and lactic acid nightly but the little buggers like to linger. I am using niacinamide in the AM.  Am I being impatient or does someone have an exterminator for these pests?

Re: Blackheads

Try the peeling pads from dennis gross! Extra strenght daily peel works great. Have also had my eyes on their blemish solution that seems promising 

With dry skin, maybe consider the O.C.M. oil cleansing method. Massage face with (plain, unscented Mineral) oil; follow with a (gentle) BHA cleanser, etc.

re. my suggestion of Formula 10-0-6 stuff (below): I dig it, but I've tough, combo skin. 

@BeanieBabyZ 

Salicylic Acid (aka BHA) is what you need for blackheads; AHAs (like lactic acid) only work on the surface of the skin, but BHA is oil-soluble and can penetrate through that goop in your pores to clean them from the inside out. 

I highly recommend Paula's Choice for BHA; they've got multiple formulations and strengths so that you can find the one that's perfect for you. 

Agreed. A BHA wash, plus a clay / mud mask can help.

P.T.Roth 2% BHA Wash is quite good; InkeyList has a S.A. Wash too.   

Formula 10-0-6 mud masks and 'Skin So Clean' lotion (not at Seph). give me results in the summer, when the need to clear out excessive gunk is urgent. 

I have a question about mud masks.  They seem to fill up all of my pores with their mud, and make everything worse.  Would I be correct to assume that mud masks aren't for everyone?  Maybe a white clay mask would be better for me?

Once (a mask) is removed thoroughly, pores shouldn't have any Mud it 'em. Sebum or clogs perhaps, but not the mud or clay. Maybe use a washcloth or other additional exfoliating method after the mud mask? Say, a Toner of some type ?

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing