Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

Best foundations for dry acne prone skin?

I have dry acne prone skin with moderate cystic acne. On top of that I have an olive/golden skin and most foundations are either to dark, too pink or too light. I also break out fairly easy, and I've tried so many foundations already like: Lorac Natural Performace Foudation N6 light tan (too pink) Fenty Beauty Pr'o Filter Foundation Shade 300 (very drying even with moisturizer) Too Faced Born This Way foundation Warm Beige (broke me out) Loreal True Match Lumi Foundation Sand beige (amazing color broke me out) Milk Makeup Blur Liquid Foundation Medium Tan (pink tinge and too thick for my taste) Japonesque Luminous Foundation Shade 6 (nice shade broke me out) Maybelline Dream Cushion in True Beige (again nice color broke me out) Sephora 10 Hour Foundation Shade Medium Almond (i was marched to that color and it ended up oxidizing and made me darker than I am it also broke me out) Urban Decay All Nighter Shade 6 (way to thick for my taste and broke me out) Huda Beauty Faux Filter Foundation In Dulce De Leche (oxidized to dark and broke me out instantly also bad ingredients) I have redness on my cheeks and chin due to the acne but I don’t want a full cover Foundation or one that feels heavy or thick. I want a foundation that can even out my skin tone and look natural also that’s not too drying 😞 one can wish I guess? Any suggestions for poor old me?

RE: Best foundations for dry acne prone skin?

Instead of focusing on trying to find the right foundation, you should focus on your skincare routine as well. What skin care products are you using? I used to have acne and I would switch up my face wash all the time until I found products that worked with me, now I hardly have break outs. My only problem is I have some acne scarring and around the area my face gets really red. I use the green L.A Girl Pro concealers to help with the redness on my face and honestly I don’t use high end foundation. I stick to Maybelline when I do my foundation and it works for me to get that nice skin look but not full coverage.
Anonymous Insider

RE: Best foundations for dry acne prone skin?

dareebearr wrote:
Instead of focusing on trying to find the right foundation, you should focus on your skincare routine as well. What skin care products are you using? I used to have acne and I would switch up my face wash all the time until I found products that worked with me, now I hardly have break outs. My only problem is I have some acne scarring and around the area my face gets really red. I use the green L.A Girl Pro concealers to help with the redness on my face and honestly I don’t use high end foundation. I stick to Maybelline when I do my foundation and it works for me to get that nice skin look but not full coverage.

I’m half Korean so my mother recommended I follow a korean skin care routine which I’ve been doing for three years on top of that I’m on medications for acne and retin-a I’ve had it for years and already know that I have to take of my skin. I suffer from celiac disease and have severe food allergies so my diet is already pretty healthy and restricted. My dermatologist wants to put me on Accutane but I’m dreading it 😞 my cousin is on it and it’s made her skin ultra dry. Where I work presentation matters and I don’t like showing up at work with all my acne 😞 I've tried drugstore foundations but the ingredients they have don't agree with my skin and I end up getting irritated. 😞 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing