notcreative

Backups!

Most of these are samples or minis I bought in kits.  Quite a few are just full sized items I bought in advance, so I have backups when I run out.  People have asked me about the stash that made my husband ask me to stop buying things I have backups of.  

These pictures do not include anything in my current stash, which has a ton of unused makeup from lippies to nail polish and more, especially eye shadows.  I do need to go through my perfume samples a little better, because I have a lot of duplicates I need to move over to the backup section to make more room in my train cases.

Many of these items are duplicates, but I am going to hold onto my HG duplicates from here on out.  One lovely lady just got a bottle of Genefique, which I know she will love, but she will be the last.  That will have me repurchasing less often.  Any item I have a duplicate of that I have not tried, I may be willing to part with.  To the other lovely lady I just traded with, I really wanted to send you the It's a 10, but I must try it when I am done with my current brand.  Hopefully, you score it another way.

Makeup

Backups 1.jpg

Body Cleansers

Backups 2.jpg

Face Creams, Eye Creams and Serums

Backups 3.jpg

Hair styling products (the Sauve ones came from a VoxBox, but I will not put them up for trade as I think my husband may have used each once before returning to the box).

Backups 4.jpg

Big Items (I am not using antibacterial soap on my body, so no need to fret.  I do use it on my hands in the shower).

Backups 5.jpg

Miscellaneous Items 

Backups 6.jpg

Shampoos and Conditioners

Backups 7.jpg

Face Cleansers and makeup removers

Backups 8.jpg

Sunscreens/tanners

Backups 9.jpg

Nail Products

Backups 10.jpg

Facial wipes (currently working on the Ole Henriksen from Ipsy, so it is in the active stash for those curious).

Backups 11.jpg

Cotton

Backups 12.jpg

Unused Stuff hiding

Backups 13.jpg

Deodorant/ kids stuff (I do use their stuff sometimes).

Backups 14.jpg

Body Moisturizers

Backups 15.jpg

Hand Moisturizers

Backups 16.jpg

Stuff put aside for trades 1

Exchange 1.jpg

Stuff put aside for trades 2

Exchange 2.jpg

Stuff put aside for trades 3

Exchange 3.jpg

Foils (so excited I am down to only one bin.  I've been using them and giving them away).

Foils.jpg

Heatoyos1

Re: Backups!

I've begun hoarding/stockpiling products (I had four 0.5 oz Boscia tsubaki oils, and five 0.25 oz Tarte maracuja oils), five open face cleansers, lots of foils, etc. I was starting to become anxious of having too many products that I will never use/products that might go bad before I get around to using them.  

Now, I get satisfaction from using up products and foils, and am going to layoff buying so much from Sephora/live off my stash. There are other pretties and trips that I would like to save my money for. 

notcreative

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have an open bottle of the Tarte Maracuja oil, but I am not feeling it.  I have 7 open face cleansers, which is ridiculous I know.  My full size one will hopefully be done by the end of the month, so I can start making dents in the six open minis.  As panicked as I get about the thought of not having backups, I also feel worried that some of this lovely stash will waste too.  Honestly, there are certain products I do not care about wasting, so I am thinking of trading them away or donating them.

I am trying to live off my stash too, and it is making my husband happy.  Added bonus on that one.  I want the Siren palette, but I have what my husband would consider backups.  Therefore, no Siren for me.  That makes me a little sad, but I will buy any after the summer is over.  At first, I did not commit to a timeframe for my no buy of items I have backups of.  Later, I threw the idea that the end of summer could end my no buy, and he agreed.  Siren will be ordered 09-01-14 (even though I think summer does not officially end until 09-21-14).

My skin took a little beating from using straight foils for a while.  I am still using them, but I am mixing them in with more of my regular products.

Heatoyos1

(0) Hearts

Yeah, Tarte Maracuja oil is okay, but I prefer Boscia Tsubaki oil, if I use oil at all. 

I start to panic when I get low on my favorite shampoo and conditioner, so I really stock up on it when it's $5 off per bottle. 

I also start to panic when my favorite scalp scrub runs out, too, and now it's out of stock again! I went several months without it, until it came back in stock, and my hair became limp and unhealthy. 

Good for you on the no buy! I need one more product, and then I'm going on a low-buy, probably until the end of summer, as well. September 1 is close enough! :smileywink:

notcreative

(0) Hearts

What scalp scrub do you use?  I use Alterna Caviar Daily Root and Scalp Stimulator, and I do not currently have a backup.  I almost bought one during the love your hair even at Ulta, because I am platinum so I would have received 1.25x3 points.  I never did though, so now I am waiting to see what deals pop up before I buy a replacement.  Sephora has not really had any promos that interest me lately either.  Less than two months to go!

starsandbucks

I like trying new things way too much to have backups of anything! The closet I've got of backups is I have a bottle of makeup remover in the bathroom and one on my vanity so I'm covered wherever I end up taking my makeup off that day. And I have a bottle of body lotion in my bedside table and one on my vanity as well. Other than that, living on the edge! :smileyvery-happy:

notcreative

[ Edited ]

I think I would panic if I did not have backups of certain things.  I have lip balms and lotions all over the house, because I use them so frequently.  The other day, I realized I had three hand creams on my end table and thought that was a little crazy, so I put one away.  I could not bring myself to put two away though, because one is thicker than the other.  Sometimes, I just need a thicker cream and other times a thinner one does just fine.

I think this hoarding came from having almost nothing a little over a year ago to buying every single special I saw that had a sale or amazing GWP.  Before I realized it, my backup collection was almost as impressive as my current collection and in some cases, even better.  The Days of Beauty at Ulta in April really contributed to my backup stash.  I thought those eye patches, that It Cosmetics primer and quite a few other things would be amazing despite never sampling them first.  Three months later, I have not used 95% of the stuff I bought.

RandeeBT

That is a great collection of backups, notcreative! I thought I had a lot of backups, but you definitely have me beat :smileywink:. I love that Tarte self tanner! I have started to give some of my foil samples away as well. I have too many to use up!

Best,
Randee
notcreative

(0) Hearts

I have not been able to bring myself to try the Tarte self tanner, because I am really not into tanning creams.  I got one in the 2013 sun safety kit and another in the 2014 one.  At some point, I need to try it.  Unless I love it, I doubt I will use the second one though.  

At this point, I have accepted that some of this stuff will go bad before I get to it, so I am trying to spread it around.

ballerinagrl

Wow! I used to be you :smileyhappy:

Then my husband got sick of having to relocate my back-up beauty skincare and make up and hair care collection from house to house and country to country (in the last twenty years, we've lived in 6 countries, and we've never been in the same house for longer than a year), so I've had to refrain from hoarding, which is not easy (At. All).

I still make sure I always have a back up of Bi Facil, a La Prairie serum, a bunch of alternate serums and creams to target various ageing problems (usually from Dior Capture Totale, La Prairie, and Estee Lauder ReNutriv ranges), and Clinique anti blemish gel. For make up, I always like to have a back up of Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation and concealer, a Nars the Multiple, a Dior mascara, and Laura Mercier primers. To be honest, if I don't have back ups I worry incessantly! 

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I did not realize how out of hand the stash was until my husband asked me if I thought I had enough.  Another lovely BTer suggested I go through everything, and that really helped too.  For the past month, other than add ons to my Julep subscription and other cheap nail polishes, I have only purchased things I have no back ups on. I almost cracked a couple of times, but I made it through.  My mascara backup is insane.  When I realized I had 38 unopened mascaras, 7 unopened eyelash primers, and unopen lash serum and 2 unopened brow gels, I should have been content.  Then, I saw the new 100 point perk for Better Than Sex Mascara at Sephora and thought I must have it.  I need help!

Good for you for letting go.  I worry about not having backups too.  I do not have Clarisonic brush heads.  A lovely BTer is mailing me a face one (we traded some items), but I still need a new body brush.  Placing small orders is hard for me, so I hope I can order a body brush without too much extra stuff falling into my cart.

ballerinagrl

(0) Hearts

I have semi let go, but a few days ago I bought products as back ups on Cult Beauty just to get the gift with purchase offered (it comprised 10 items I maybe want to try, but have not yet, and the haul arrived a week ago! :-(

notcreative

(0) Hearts

It is so hard to pass up a deal like that, so I understand.  Great haul.

heartsmyface

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

i am so anti clutter.   I like to have things contained all neatly in their respective places.  If they start overflowing then I have a problem.  This applies to everything (except palettes haha, gotta have them all:smileywink:

as it is i have enough samples to last me a couple months.  I'll be taking them camping I think to try and use em up:smileyhappy: 

i'm not too concerned about backups.  I have backups of makeup remover... Porefessional...yeah I'm struggling to come up with other things.  In my defence sephora is just down the street.  Today I need yo go pick up a brow wiz pencil. 

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I have OCD, which works two ways with clutter.  One, I generally hate it.  Two, I make exceptions when I am truly into something, because I obsess over collecting.  The two constantly battle each other.  Now, that I have separate bins for all of the different type of items, and I keep them buried away inside the linen closet in my bedroom, I am okay.  It is the best of both worlds. Out of sight helps number one, but the fact that they're still there helps number two.  Win/win!

heartsmyface

Dude!!  No wonder you're in trouble!! Lol!  that's gonna take a while to get through woman!!!!   you can shop your collection and not get bored for quite some time!!!!  I understand why the no buy is working so well now:smileyhappy:  I'm so shocked haha. 

notcreative

I almost cracked yesterday and today.  Yesterday, I wanted that Too Faced special.  Joannimation is trading me for the item I most wanted from that special, so she saved me that order.  Today, I wanted the Ole Henriksen special.  The facial wipes I am currently using are Ole Henriksen (received from Ipsy), and they are amazing.  Zpsid91 was kind enough to send me a $15 off code that works with the $50 purchase for a free GWP bag valued at $100.  I could not get the darn $15 code to load, so I bravely decided I did not need the offer.  I am sure I will pout when it is over, but at least seeing all of the wipes in my stash makes me feel a little better.  I just have to overlook that the wipes are all cheapies and may bite.  I look forward to trying them though to see what works for me.

infinitise

I go to school in Canada and stuff here are more expensive than if I bought them in US 

plus I use a lot of Korean skin care products, and it takes at least 2 weeks or so to ship. 

If I want to avoid shipping cost altogether, I ask my parents to buy a whole bunch of what I am "going to need" when they go to Korea. 

I'm going back to States after this summer semester (1 and half months later) and my dad is going to Korea in the fall. so I don't have a huge stash

but honestly, I think back ups are a good idea. its kind of "soothing.." 

I don't know why but even if I'm only half way through, if I don't have a backup, I get really anxious.. 

upload_160043996291062709.jpg

notcreative

I feel better having backups too. It makes it easier to get through a no buy too. So, you will be in the states for round three of our box? That mini eye shadow palette in the second to last picture is set aside for you. I cannot wait to read what you think. Hopefully, you like it. 

infinitise

yes of course :smileyhappy:

I'm going to be in US for at least 2 weeks from August 19th 

if the time doesn't fit, we can always arrange a trade :smileyhappy: <3 

notcreative

(0) Hearts

We'll make it work. 

shoppiturt

I'm so jelly of all those Lancôme eye makeup removers! I ran out of my trial-sized version while in Japan and am down to a teeny tiny version from YSL...I am not yet sure if that YSL really compares to the Lancôme yet. :X

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 59 replies
  • 59 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • friedrice
    • infinitise
    • fatimamummy
    • notcreative
    • Zpsid91
    • Heatoyos1