cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|
Anonymous Insider

sephora charged me twice for an order

i placed an order online not too long ago, and it shows that one order was placed on my sephora account. however, my online bank statement shows that i was charged the same amount twice. is this normal? how do i get this fixed?

Re: sephora charged me twice for an order

This happened to me recently. Hi I bought the products from Sephora at the shop in Paris on 15 December and got charged twice by the store. I tried to inform the employees but they did not believe me and said they charged me only one time. Now, the bank said I have to contact Sephora directly to get a refund. Can you help me?

HI @aunshine,

Sorry to hear about this! If your experience was at a Sephora store in Paris, FR, please contact them directly at sephora.fr. At this time, we, www.sephora.com, are only able to handle inquiries and complaints for our US and Canadian websites and stores.

Regards,
Danee

Everyone knows Sephora is awesome as well as their Customer Service. So just call the 1-800 number & get it taken care of. Accidents happen with computers occasionally.

I have purchased with Sephora many many years, and not only in the US, also in China, Hong Kong, all by online shopping, but lately I had happened the same thing! Sephora charged me twice!

Sephora charged me on 9th of Nov, which my purchase date, and then they Charged me same price on 16th of Nov. Today 19th,  I contacted the customer service would like to know when I could get the return, but the customer service just kept saying that wasn’t their fault, they only charge once when the item shipped.( BUT the fact is CHARGED TWICE on my credit card bill.)

and kept saying it would returned within 48 hrs, but the fact is already been passed 10 days, they didn’t return me the credit!

the customer service was worse! Their system and policy cause those problems, but I have to waste my time again to contact the bank! That was really an extremely awful experience with Sephora! 

I totally agree with this experience, the customer service I ahead was definitely not “awesome”. 

Hi @KendraChang,

I'm sorry to hear about this and I'll send you a message shortly.

Best regards,

Lauri

I have 3 charges to my credit card currently from one order, 1 posted and 2 authorized. There’s a one cent difference between the 2 authorized ones that looks super sketchy - my bank won’t alert me to a double charge if they’re not the same amount. 

Why do they all need to be there if the first payment has already gone through and been posted to my account?

Hi @becxixixi,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look further. I'll send you a message shortly.

Best regards,

Laurie

It happened to me too. I got charged twice for one order and to be honest I don’t understand the purpose of doing this. This just causing trouble for the operators. I called customer service and it was not a good experience. Her attitude was like it’s not a big deal just wait for 72 hours for the refund.

I will not purchase anything from the Sephora online store again.

Hi @YvesL,

I am sorry for the trouble caused and for your experience. I will send you a private message.

Best Wishes,

Janean

Anonymous Insider

This has happened to me today. And I am ordering for my sister in the USA as a birthday gift. (i live in India). I got charged twice. I had to block my card as the bank said this is fraudulent. HELP! $56 got cut twice once on the day I purchased (20 May) and once today (28 May) when it was shipped.

Hi @Anonymous,

For your own security and protection, Sephora.com will pre-authorize the full amount of your purchase plus applicable sales tax and shipping to verify your billing address and credit card information. The pre-authorization will drop off from your account within 1-7 business days depending on your financial institution. Sephora.com will collect payment and post the actual amount of the purchase only when your order is shipped from our warehouse. If you still need assistance please send me a private message with your order number for further assistance. I hope that this helps.

Best,
Zakiya

The same thing just happened to me. I placed the order on oct 12 for the herbivore duo and the ten dollar two day shipping. I was charged $41.03 with taxs and everything. All well and fine. October 13, the day my package shipped, I get a charge of $31.03 for just the herbivore order.   If this second charge goes through, there will be hell to pay. 

This just happened to me!!!! Both charges over  $200, it looks like I was charged once when I placed the order, and again when the order actually Shipped.  WTFFFFFFFFF im so mad because now my account is negative!!!!!

LizzyMarie2013 wrote:

The same thing just happened to me. I placed the order on oct 12 for the herbivore duo and the ten dollar two day shipping. I was charged $41.03 with taxs and everything. All well and fine. October 13, the day my package shipped, I get a charge of $31.03 for just the herbivore order.   If this second charge goes through, there will be hell to pay. 

Hi @LizzyMarie2013 + @JMiller111391. So sorry about this! Multiple charges can occur when our order is a split shipment. We charge you when the order ships, and the pending authorization that is held when you successfully submit your order falls off. However that time frame depends on your financial institution. I am happy to assist and will send you a private message.

xo,

Jamila 

I'm going through the the same mess! Ordered on Novemeber 25th no order is the system yet nearly $400 was taken out of my account and I have an authorization number from my bank that the money was indeed taken and it is not pending(because I used a debit Visa card).I called on November 25th and reported the incident, apparently a file has been sent to the bank to have the charges reversed, spoke to bank 3 times since and they haven't received a file to reverse charges, I have conference with my bank and the sephora agent, the bank gave the agent the authorization number and they still didn't reverse the charge. I just got off the phone with an agent today-December 1st and  I'm told to call back tomorrow?? I'm pissed and so disappointed in Sephora! I even request on Novemeber 25th to speak with a manager and was told I would get a call back which I never received! Asked to speak with a manager when I called in again today and was told they are all busy on a call! Shame on you Sephora poor customer service, I'm highly pissed and disgusted!

This has just happened to me with my Visa-Debit Card. I have called Sephora twice to let them know I spoke with my bank and they have indeed removed the money that it is not a hold. I was even given item trace numbers by my bank and Sephora wanted nothing to do with it. Just kept saying it is a pre-authorization, and told me to call my bank which I have twice now, and both times my bank says the payment was taken twice and sent to Sephora. I have opened a fraud investigation against Sephora through my bank. I was just wondering if your problem was resolved and if you remember how long it took. 

Thanks in Advance

Hi @mechanicswife9,

I'm sorry for the trouble! I'm happy to check on this and I'll send you a message shortly.

Best,

Laurie

Hi,

this also happened to me and what can I do to get the money back?

@HelenYang233 I will send you a PM to help. 

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing