Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

No Samples

I received my VIB rouge order and the package didn’t have the samples I picked - this seems to be happening more and more with my online orders, has anyone else experienced this?

Re: No Samples

This has happened with my last 6 orders, I kept cancelling and trying again. Isn’t working I give up. Just reminding my self some things are too good to be true.

-Mellissa 

@Moesif I'm sorry to hear that! I will send you a PM to help. 

Just wanted to add my voice to this - I get samples in less than 1/2 of my orders, and of those, only about 1/4 of those are what I actually requested.  So only 1/8 of the time do I get what I would like to try - 88% of the time, Sephora has left me unsatisfied. 

This is compounded by the fact that my local Sephora does not give out samples. They claim this is because too many people were requesting samples for freebies rather than testing product.  I can understand the store not wanting to be taken advantage of - but they could do a “free samples only for Rouge/VIB; free samples only with purchase for Beauty Insiders” deal to avoid the spongers. Or have a 10 point redemption rate for a free sample. Or use a free sample punch card or something that is only available to beauty insiders.  Or some other scheme!  But instead the rest of us are screwed over. Since I have very sensitive skin, I have no way of testing out the products I’d like to try.  For items like foundation or concealer, I also need to see them in a variety of lighting conditions and spots - again, simply not possible with testers in store, only possible with samples.

The few products I have in my routine are there because I was able to test them thoroughly - with a decent sized sample - and maybe I would add more, but I won’t risk getting burned (literally and figuratively!).

It’s getting to the point where I think I will look for another beauty supplier.  Really frustrating.  

Once i added cc my samples disappeared, will they still come in order?

@tunsy I will send you a PM for more information. 

Just happened to me today.  I DID get two samples, but no where close to the two perfumes I had selected.  Extremely disappointed as i specifically waited to order until there were samples that appealed to me.

Hi @ColleenGStan Substitutions will be made for out-of-stock samples. This is listed on our website here > https://www.sephora.com/beauty/samples-promotion#FreeSamples And on our samples page here > https://www.sephora.com/beauty/free-beauty-samples Our Distribution Centers will include any samples that are available at that time. I understand this is disappointing and I'm sorry we were unable to send the ones you selected at checkout!

Though that make sense....giving the consumer the illusion of being able to "pick" their samples is misleading.  Suggest getting rid of that option as I feel misled and new to sephora so makes me question the company.  The hard part is, at the end of the day you all can come back and say that we shouldn't complain about free samples to begin with.  I agree...to an extent.  NOT when they are advertised as to what can be picked (one of them still an option, so if its out of stock, its odd to me that still today I could "select" it).  It is something you all seem to use as a way to draw up sales, and it worked....I waited until a sample I would be very interested in was available and then ordered.  That's where the issue is an why it can't be dismissed as not being able to complain because theyre free or thats the policy or whatever.

Just happened to me for the fourth time in a row.

I literally just opened my package expecting to see at the very least comparable samples to the ones I ordered. Nothing but one small cream sample. I had put down two perfume samples—one of them was the pistachio scent from Kayali. I had been so excited about that one and ordered a little earlier than I’d planned just to be able to get it. This also happened the last time I ordered but at least I got one comparable perfume sample. 

Same! Not even close to what I selected… second time this has happened to me. 

I placed 7 orders during the recent VIB sale and received ONE sample in total (to be fair one order has not arrived yet but not getting my hopes up).  These days it is a given I won't be getting the sample I requested but now it is becoming a dream to even get A sample period.  This seems to be the trend now and I don't even expect them to arrive anymore.  Very very irritating, especially when Shopper's offers 3 samples and you are pretty much guaranteed to get the ones you requested too.  

Hi @mizeet and @mitzy247,

I'm so sorry for the trouble! I'll send you a message shortly.

Warm regards,

Laurie 

Im no longer even being offer samples at checkout. Please reach out to me as well. This is insane. Why work to get to vib status to not get rewarded. Samples help us figure out what else to buy. 

Hi @Stacyj82,

I'll send you a message for more information. 

Best,

Laurie 

Made three orders. Received ZERO samples. This is crazy and makes me not want to shop here LOL.

@agggg sorry to hear that! I'll send you a PM.

I haven’t received any samples in my last 5 orders. It’s very disappointing, I used to look so forward to them. 👎🏼 

Hi @AimeeK2023 I just sent you a PM.

I'm new to Canada and I was so excited about the free samples, I had selected Tom Ford perfume and Armani foundation, things I'm dying to try but can't afford rn.. super bummed that there was no substitution even, just no samples with the order. Disappointed. 

Hi @Debopriya14 I'm sorry to hear about your samples! I'll send you a PM.

Conversation Stats
testing