Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

I wasn't sure if I just lived in my hubbys tech bubble and just didn't get out much.  I used to watch DVDs with the commentary on for all the behind the scenes trivia.  Listening to people forced to blab about random stuff for an hour and a half is very entertaining.  That's kinda the appeal YouTube videos have for me these days.

I know right!!?!?!?!   Can I just say BEST MARKETING EVER!!!!    Soon my life will be complete.  

Haha! 

I'm stuck with a perma grin.  Feeling especially loved right now.

You should be! That is so sweet! ❤️

mmmmk so as i mused about here a few weeks ago, i'm going to be robert smith, of the cure, for halloween. does anyone have any suggestions for hardcore--but drugstore / inexpensive, as i won't use it much, if at all, after halloween--hairspray ? i'm thinking hairspray and not mousse as my plan is to brush out and tease my hair when it's already dried curly. but any suggestions welcome. THANKS GUYS.

gothjuice

rs-caterpillar

(wait can i insert videos again ??!!!!!! THIS IS BIG NEWS GUYS !!!!!!!)

alright, it's going to be either aquanet or the GOT2B glued hairspray--which my coworker who moonlights as a drag queen recommended. i didn't even know they made aquanet anymore ! both horrify me. 😉

I see Aquanet around all the time. If you have any 99 Cent stores they usually stock it haha. My mom swore by that stuff in the 80s, and her hair was very large.

noted ! 

Jemly, this photo is for you. I think you can appreciate the aesthetic as much as I do.

Spoiler
FullSizeRender.jpg

My mom is on the far left, her two cousins are in the middle. I'm not sure who the person on the right is.

This is divine! Jemly, this is so perfectly 80's. The pin on her collar (very Dead or Alive), the hair, the liner, those EARRINGS!!!

I may have to dig out some old pics, if I can work up the nerve 😄 We should start Throwback Thursday around here. 

Flashback, 1986. I'm 16, wearing crushed velvet and two cans of Aqua Net on my crimped hair. Oh, and I wore a bandana or headband every day for some absurd reason. That's why it looks like I have no forehead 😄

Spoiler
image.jpg

Fabulous!

This picture is just fantastic!   I remember my mom sporting this kinda permed mullet.   Oh 80's, you'll be missed.

I am having a serious flashback! 😄

So much awesomeness in this picture!

this. is. IMPRESSIVE !

Anonymous Insider

This is pure 80's nostalgia. Love.

Oh the 80s how I miss you....😂

I had what my sisters referred to as a poddle perm.

Aquanet!!!  Oh, so perfect!  I didn't know they made it anymore...but yes!

10 Replies
testing