Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

I feel like I'm always reviving this thread, but...over the weekend, a friend I hadn't seen in months told me there was something different about me and asked if I was in love. 

My first thought: Well, it can't be love considering that I very recently got so mad at a boy that I drank some vodka and booked a trip to Bosnia, Hungary, Serbia, and Croatia. 

My second thought: What illuminating products did I use this morning? 

My conclusion: Radiance came from an Hourglass holiday palette from a few years ago. Not love. 

"nah, it's just a highlighter" - LOL Smiley Very Happy

@txcatx ... and this is why i love this community! You're a smart woman and thank you for the Monday laugh Heart and yes thank god for highlighters ๐Ÿ˜‰

@txcatx This had me cackling in my office ๐Ÿ™‚ I understand the feeling, I moved halfway across the country to get away from an ex. What can I say, I'm no good with confrontation! An international trip sounds like heaven!

Gotta love Hourglass! Who needs love when you've got high end makeup to fill your heart's desire ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@MissPuff I think this whole conversation just convinced me that I need this year's Hourglass palette. I've been able to resist the past couple of years, but I guess it really is an effective product!

@txcatx  DO IT!!!! I picked up the new blush quad this year and I am OBSESSED. The Unlocked palette from last year/re-released this year is also fire ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Image result for treat yo self gif

@txcatx ROFL - well good to know you can pay for the love glow effect hahahah 

@txcatx  This had me DYING at work! My first though was โ€œIs she booking the trip for herself or to send HIM there?????โ€ 
my second thought. โ€œOh itโ€™s for herself. If it was for him it would be Siberia..... Or Hell....!โ€ 

@mermadelove  Ha, definitely a trip for me! Probably a lot of psychological stuff to unpack there, like my subconscious self telling me that I needed to create some distance or something!

@txcatx I like it!  Taking your baggage somewhere else and offloading it and refinding yourself at the same time.   

@mermadelove   Bahahaha!!!  I love that that was your first thought!   ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ. Hey hun, I got you a trip to Siberia.  

@heartsmyface @txcatx @@IG that doesnโ€™t send the message โ€œI need some space,โ€ I hear thereโ€™s this guy Elon Musk with this trip heโ€™s selling.......

@mermadelove Well, I guess if I don't find myself with enough physical and metaphorical space while I'm checking out the Nikola Tesla museum in Belgrade, I can check out the space project from that other Tesla dude. 

@txcatx 

This is why I Iove BIC. Where else can you speak skincare and SpaceX without missing a beat?! 
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿš€๐Ÿ’”

@mermadelove  bahaha, Starman could really use some company up there. 

@txcatx   This made me smile.   I got the same sort of comments while I was pregnant.  The traditional โ€˜youโ€™re glowingโ€™ and โ€˜pregnancy suites youโ€™ (I donโ€™t even want to get started with that one) came up a lot.  I was sick and aching and in the pain the whole pregnancy and used highlighter and blush to fake looking some semblence of healthy.  

Horray for highlighter!  ๐Ÿ™Œ

There is exactly one influencer who can get me to buy stuff I don't need, and it's Korean makeup artist, Pony. The last thing I need is another lipstick, but I broke my lipstick no-buy when she recently collaborated with MAC, and I just placed an order for some of her new Colourpop lipsticks. I mean, good for her for getting in with all these companies, and luckily for my wallet, at least she's not collaborating with one of those companies that sells $40+ lipsticks?

@txcatxPony always cheers me up โค๏ธ

OMG, I love Pony! She's my favorite person to watch on Youtube and I think she's a very talented makeup artist. <333

RE: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Is anyone else addicted to lip balms like me? If so, whatโ€™s your favorite? I love the Fresh sugar lip caramel and tarte sugar rush best bud lip butter

RE: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Itโ€™s not too flashy, but I really love biodermaโ€™s lip balm. No scent, no shimmer, the best thing about it is that it stays on my lips forever and keeps them moisturized. I tried the fresh lip balm and hated it ๐Ÿ˜ž just came off so quickly And I tried kiehlโ€™s lip oil, and it turned rancid
4 Replies
testing