Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@sonnydee  Haha  good ole lava soap. Thanks for the review!

you are very welcome @Samtian @Kim888

you are very welcome @Samtian @Kim888

Thanks for sharing @sonnydee !

Bummer, @sonnydee! It's too bad that it's so cute.

I think I couldve made it work if it rinsed clean. I know...

I think I couldve made it work if it rinsed clean. I know thats not a problem for some but for me that's a no go. So leg scrub it is. and feet. @CookieGirl1 I probably wouldve returned if it was more expensive & that lil shovel would not come handy to all my other scrubs. 😉

@sonnydee  Thanks so much for the update! I’m really disappointed to hear it was too difficult to work with. I probably won’t bother picking it up if it isn’t more user friendly 🤷🏼‍♀️

Will have to give that a try then @gonerogue loved, loved...

Will have to give that a try then @gonerogue loved, loved soap & glory & it even came in a squeeze bottle but I think they've changed their formula...😫

don't blame you-it really is trying to rub sand all over...

don't blame you-it really is trying to rub sand all over you 😑😆@gonerogue🏖

Re: don't blame you-it really is trying to rub sand all over...

@sonnydee   The thought of that made me shudder.  

@sonnydee  If they turned the scent and formula into the texture more of the Ouai scrub, they would have a home run but..... they probably don’t care 😔🤷🏼‍♀️

Is that scrub good @gonerogue & rinsed clean? Yea, this sand is a no go for my upper body-mainly arms, aggravated my pores😠😫

@sonnydee  Yes it’s a good ol scrub that gets all the dead flaky skin off and then rinses off very easily. You should try it!

My Tom Ford lipstick that I was starting to think was lost in the mail finally made it to Dieppe(2 hours away from me).It took 8 days to come from Montreal to New Brunswick but it should be here tomorrow and I'll get to wear Night Mauve over Christmas.

Glad it's finally coming,  @Seymore3!

yay @Seymore3 at least it's finally coming! 

Beauty Tools v. Fingers - I've been watching a lot of the Vogue Beauty Secrets Videos this week (a series where different models/celebrities do about 5-10 minute videos on their makeup at home) and I'm really shocked by the amount of models in particular who just don't use any brushes/sponges to apply their foundation and concealer, even full coverage ones! All of them seem to agree on liking how their fingers warm the products up. 

So I've been trying just my fingers this week - I feel like it's messier and it's kind of a hassle to then have to go wash my hands but I can kind of see their point - especially with thicker concealers things do seem to be blended in a lot more seamlessly. 

@Kim888 are you still using your fingers more?  I've seen a few of these videos and noticed the same thing, I do use mine for a few things, but I generally like a good sponge. 

@missjeanie I've still been doing it more for my concealer (especially pot concealers) a bit just because I do like how the product looks when it's been warmed up a bit but I went back to my brush/sponge for foundation 

Interesting @Kim888 , I wouldn't have guessed that at all! I used my fingers for concealer for the first time while in a rush today and was surprised by how much I liked it. I do foundation both ways but feel I do get a nicer airy finish and lighter texture with my foundation brush versus having a little more thickness to the application with my fingers. But, before using my brush I am usually mixing colors and a dab of oil on the back on my hand which warms the product also. 

I've been using my fingers to apply my base eyeshadow - I like it, seems to be working well. 

And when I do foundation - I use fingers too 🙂

when you're obsessed w/shows like downtown abbey and poldark, and your favorite thing to do is watch them in the middle of the night when it's quiet, so you can actually imagine living there, and you wish you could just go back there and get away from this society - and then you wonder, hmmm, if I brought back some glittery eyeshadow or perfume, what would ppl think - "my gosh, who is this magical unicorn!?" lol 😛

6,152 Replies
testing