Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I don’t even have a smartphone! I can only use my iPad to take pictures ( no filters and no flash! ) @SpaceLlama 🤪 ! so I look terrible...LOL! A tablet is so awkward to use for closeups!

Glad to know I'm not the only one @SpaceLlama! I moved my vanity closer to the window for more natural light, so I hope that helps.

When you turn out a bolder colored eye look and are absolutely FEEELING it, only for someone in your office to ask “what is going on with your eyeshadow?” And you start doubting the whole thing 🤦🏽‍♀️ For reference, ”bolder” literally just refers to the tamer shades in the huda obsessions in coral.... i didn’t think it was too crazy for the office? Oh well 🤷🏽‍♀️

@cianni Do whatever pleases you, forget about the others think ! 

I think corals would make a lovely subtle office look! The person asking you that doesn’t seem like they’re a fan of makeup by the sounds of it. Don’t take it to heart! @cianni

@Guessgal thanks girl! I liked it and that’s what counts 😂 

I would have replied that nothing is going on because thi...

I would have replied that nothing is going on because this is how I chose to do my face with makeup I paid for. Kthx. If you're happy with it, that's what matters most... makeup is fun!

@cianni That would suck.  At least complete the sentence with "I like that you tried a different eye look" or something like that. 

Usually when I do a different eye look and doubt myself my husband will ask did you do something different with your eye shadow? "I like it."  That always makes me feel better.

@SportyGirly125 Ahh lucky that’s so nice! Sometimes a little reassurance is necessary 😂. Oh well, I checked myself out in mirror and I still like the look, I guess that’s what counts LOL

@cianni I am pretty sure it looks stunning!!!

Needing a heavier moisturizer for the winter. I thought I was done spending money.

Edit: when your Jo Malone mini reward gets cancelled! Grrrr 😡

@fieldsofclover, it's not quite winter in the south yet,...

@fieldsofclover, it's not quite winter in the south yet, but I tried a sample of the Glamglow oil and my face is loving it. Very hydrating. It looks weird since it has charcoal, but no weird smells. I've been applying a few drops to my face before makeup (but I don't wear foundation so can't advise how it works with it)

RE: @fieldsofclover, it's not quite winter in the south yet,...

I second this! This oil is awesome. I tried a sample of it and my skin is loving it. I went and ordered a bottle. I have very oily skin and this helps to balance that out. I wore it under my beauty blender foundation and it worked fine!

Placing a large Sephora order without opening Ebates first. D'OH!!

OMG, that is the wooooorrsssttt. Or when you have to retu...

OMG, that is the wooooorrsssttt. Or when you have to return part of a larger order and they pretty much nix the whole thing 😢

@tastelikewater when I'm in a hurry I always forget!!!

@tastelikewater when I'm in a hurry I always forget!!!

@tastelikewater

Click through ebates anyways! Even after the fact, there's a decent shot you'll still get credit 😄

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Great tip @RGbrown. I never would have thought to try after the fact!!

If you're on the completed order page and you click the Ebates button it should work. I did it one time for an Ulta order, and it worked! 

@RGbrown Whaaaaaaaaaat? I sure hope this works! Thank you!

@tastelikewaterUnidentified

I've got my fingers crossed for you! I've had some work and some not, but it's always worth a shot 😁

testing