Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

I mean... I'm all for people looking how they want to look... but they, uh, they don't look like Katie Price... if I had paid $86k (or I guess $43k each?) for this level of resemblance I would sure as heck ask for my money back!

Awful!!!!  Living where i do ....I see those disasters all of the time.  I really don't get it.  Why?

Right Megan?! We live in the land of awful plastic surgery. Sometimes it's hard not to stare LOL. 

It's sort of sad sometimes.  Obviously, there are people who like it because it does just keep happening!

They probably think you're staring cause they're gorgeous too.  

Find your own beauty and emphasize that. .  It's way more attractive.

i had multiple hip surgeries between the ages of 9-11.  I still cant feel the area I had the surgery.  All I can think is that these women can't feel their faces anymore.  

Some of them do think you're staring because they think they look so good...

I agree on finding your own beauty.  The big lips don't fool anyone.

I got a new set of eye brushes today. Are you supposed to wash them before the first use? Honestly can't remember what i've done in the past.

This reminded me to wash my brushes this morning.  New peeve though because I thought my brushes were decent, until I washed them with the MAC brushes I recently bought in an airport since I had forgotten mine.   Quality was not even close.

What's the difference between a good and bad brush? I've stuck with the ones from Everyday Minerals since I started using brushes. Before that (and discovering the beautyblender), i'd always done liquid foundation with fingers and used whatever sponge/applicator came with powders and eyeshadows.

The EDM work well but now i'm wondering if i'm missing out on something. On the other hand, I don't know if I want to spend $50+ on a higher end brush to find it's exactly the same.

My older brushes were shedding so much and felt really rough compared to the nicer ones.  Could be having them longer too but they were never as soft as the Mac brushes.

Yes.  Wash em up.  It removes any residue from manufacturing and from packing and shipping.  You never kniw how many hands have touched your stuff in the process of making it to getting to you. 

You should. Even if they're sealed in plastic or something, you don't know how they were handled before you got them—anything from a dusty factory to employees' gross hands.

(That being said, today I was a super hypocrite and didn't wash a new shadow brush. So do as I say and not as I do!)

Ah, good point. They're in plastic but the tips aren't sealed.

Lol, we all slip up (or get too excited!) sometimes.

PSA for anyone thinking about the UD.com exclusive Revolution shades: Protest is basically Audacious Anita. I'll post swatches tomorrow when I've got natural light, but basically Protest is a wee bit warmer/more orange vs. Anita's more pink, and a wee bit glossier. Natural light may change this, but right now I'm wearing 50/50 on my lips, and looking in my desk mirror at arms' length I can't tell them apart.

Matte Carnal, the other shade I bought, is NOT a dupe of Jane, which I was afraid of from looking at swatches online. It's closer to Celebrity Skin, but lighter and much warmer/browner, and obviously not a liquid (and not as matte). I'm really glad I bought it, overall, I don't think I've got anything like it yet. I'll post swatches of CS/Carnal/Jane tomorrow for comparison.

(is there a UD brand thread? I looked for such a thing to post this there but got nothing.)

There is not, maybe you should start such a thread 😉

I need more opinions please!  This is a question for those who buy the Too Faced Melted lippies.  There is one in the TSB I run that has color in the sponge applicator.  Is it possible that this happened due to all the shipping it around or has it been swatched/used/damaged?

IMG_5265.JPG

Yeah I don't think that has been used on anyones lips as the top of the applicator would have the colour as well. That being said, I've never seen it look this way so it may just be best to throw it out in case there is something wrong with it.

Mine have never arrived like that.   That being said, it doesn't look used.   It looks as though it's been squeezed.  If it had been applied it would have smeared product across the whole surface.  

Also, it may be just me but it looks as though the product might be seperated cause that lippy is much brighter than that. 

My 2 cents: I don't think it's used since the leak isn't from all the little holes.  I just looked at mine and they appear to have leaked a little as well, perhaps from the high heat of the summer or gravity like StephaniLynn said.  That having been said, I wouldn't risk it.  I hate to see it get tossed but there's really no way of knowing if it's sanitary.  

I have a few and none of them leaked like this during shipment. After I used them the first time (I store them tip down) they did start to leak a tiny bit. Not sure if that's due to gravity or what. 

I wouldn't risk lip products that look iffy, just coz you never know and you don't want to risk germies

I have two of these and they have never arrived like that, but that is just my experience.

2 Replies
testing