Answer
nicolebythelake
Accepted Solution
Clarisonic "withdrawal" question

I'm strongly considering getting a Clarisonic (not sure yet which one) to deal with my blackheads, large pores, and (lately at least) stress acne (I feel like I'm 15 again!). I've read a lot of great reviews, including some info on purging at the beginning of Clarisonic use. But I was wondering if my skin might also freak out if I went off the Clarisonic for a few days after a long time of regular use.

Basically, I travel semi-regularly for business, and I don't want to have to bring the Clarisonic with me. I realize the Mia is for travel, and I would bring it on a longer vacation (e.g., a week or more). But if I'm going on a two- or three-day trip, that's really not an option. Does anyone have experience with spending a few days just washing with hands or a washcloth again? I definitely don't want to have a sudden breakout in the middle of an important meeting, of all times. I would definitely do a test-run before an actual trip, since everyone's skin is different, but I am wondering if people seem to develop a dependence like this. Thanks in advance!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
prettyinpa
Answered

You don't have to worry about "withdrawal" from the Clarisonic. I travel a LOT and since I have the full size Clarisonic, I leave it at home when I'm on the road. I just wash with my regular face wash while traveling and don't get any breakouts. Though by the end of a week away from home, I can see more blackheads than when I am home and using the Clarisonic, but other than this cosmetic issue, nothing bad happens.  Have fun with your new Clarisonic, I think it is the best investment I've made in my skin!

Answers: 4
tenngal
Answered

When I have neglected to put my Clarisonic on the charging base and the battery has run down, I have gone a few days without using it after regular daily use and have had no bad reactions from not using it so I don't think you'd have any trouble with leaving it at home while you travel.

Also, not everyone has the initial "skin breakout" when they first start using the brush.  I had no trouble when I first started using mine (and I have sensitive skin), so it just varies from person to person.

I hope this helps you. :smileyhappy:

keelybt
Answered

Hi Nicolebythelake!  A few days without your Clarisonic shouldn't cause your skin to freak out. :smileyhappy: When I've gone without for a few days, I can definitely tell a difference in the texture of my skin because it isn't getting as clean and my products don't absorb quite as well. 

anaa
Answered
(0) Hearts

My experience with it has been so good I that I would probably make room for it to take along....:smileyhappy: Yes, I like it that much, and the Mia doesn't take up much space.  I don't believe you would break out however if you didn't use it for a few days.

sephoramusthave
Answered
(0) Hearts

Get Acnetix instead. Clears up skin, doesnt dry you out, doesnt cost as much and you can pour it into travel sized bottles

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • tenngal
    • nicolebythelake
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • anaa