Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

Any Advice?

A couple of years ago I started wearing makeup and fell in love with it. My mother tried helping me with what she knew, but most of what I know I found out through trial and error, and online tutorials. I play basketball which means I don’t wear as much as I used to, I did learn that mistake, but I just want to be able to reduce the redness on my face without foundation and be confident in my skin again. I have a prescribed acne medication which means my skin is now very sensitive to any salicylic acid that I try to use. I have acne scars and I don’t know if/how they’ll ever go away. My cheeks directly underneath my eyes produce the most oil, and even though I’ve tried to research, I can’t seem to find a product that will work. I know that accepting my skin as it is and loving myself should be something I do, but it gets really hard when I look in the mirror and see someone I don’t really like anymore. Are there any products or tips where less is more?

Re: Any Advice?

Usually the key is to build up your skin's barrier. One of my favorite products for that is the Krave beauty skin barrier repair serum. Usually acne meds can be kind of harsh and cause redness so taking really good care of your skin is vital. The skinfix triple lipid moisturizer is another really good cream. Wear SPF everyday. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing