cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Weekly Wow Update Thread

Hello BIC!

I am starting this thread to update you all on the Weekly Wow deals coming each week. If you want to get a sneak peek of each week's deals be sure to check in here up weekly updates. 

Reminders:

• As stated in previous posts, the Weekly Wow program is only offered in the US (online and in-store)
  • Deals go live each Thursday and most are only on sale for one week only
  • When items sell out, they are gone so I suggest snagging your favorite deals early!

Coming this Thursday, 3/1:

I was able to test out the Buxom Full-On Lip Sticks and was very impressed! In fact, the entire team tried these out and we all were very impressed by the formula. I have become more and more picky with lip products since the cold weather has taken a toll on my lips. I love that is formula is a 3-in-1 (liner, lipstick and hydrating) and the formula is also plumping so my lips feel nice and tingly when applying this. Bonus! This product has a minty, breath-freshening effect 😄Wearing Buxom Full-On Lip Stick in BarelonaWearing Buxom Full-On Lip Stick in BarelonaOne of my teammates tried out the Clinique Moisture Favorites Set and was very impressed by the products after just one day of use. She had oily skin and noticed the gel and spray to be refreshing, nourishing and to help balance her skin rather than making her more oily. And, of course, she enjoyed the Chubby Stick in the set, which was moisturizing and pigmented. I have tested a few of the MAKE UP FOR EVER Skin Equalizing Primers and love the variety offered by the brand. My go-to for stay-all-day makeup is the Matte Finish but I also love the Hydrating Primer if I am feeling dry and want some extra TLC before applying makeup. The Sephora Collection V for V.O.L.U.M.E. Mascaras are very pretty and add a lot of volume in my opinion. These lengthen my lashes and add a pop of fun color without being too intense. I tried Purple and Marsala and neither were too bright but did add a pretty pop of color. I will definitely be reaching for these shades to add some color to my lower lash line and why not for $5?! 

One product we didn't try from the list is the Philosophy Purity Made Simple Pore Extractor Mask. Has anyone tried it? What did you think?!

Previous deals are listed in the spoiler tab below. 

Spoiler

Thursday, 2/22:

I was able to test some of these products out and I am very excited about the products I was able to get my hands on! The Becca Ultimate Coverage Concealer is very creamy and a little goes a long way. This formula is a little more creamy than I am used to but for covering up dark circles or minor skin imperfections this is a great product. I think many of your already know that Benefit makes great brow products. I am a big fan of brow pencils but the ka-BROW! brow pot was very easy to use and I really like using it on the arches of my brows to easily add definition. I find this easier to use than drawing every hair in with a pencil so will definitely be reaching for this when I'm in a hurry to get my brows defined. I am not usually into lip plumpers but the GlamGlow Plumprageous lip plumpers have really impressed me! I love the shades (Screen Kiss is my favorite) and I love the different finishes you can choose from. For $9 this is definitely worth a try! Another great deal is the Sephora Collection Luminizing Drops for $8. This is a great liquid highlighter and comes in three shades. I haven't tried the micellar water or the Urban Decay Palette, hoping to get get your opinions on these two!

Thursday, 2/15

• Cover FX Contour Kits $48 $24
  • Cover FX Double Ended Contour Brush $38 $19
  • Lancome Click & Glow $23 $15
  • Dr.Jart+ Ceramidin Cream $48 $29
  • Dr.Jart+ Ceramidin Liquid $39 $24 

The Cover FX contour products are amazing! Both the palette and brush were featured on Weekly Wow before so check out our reviews and swatches here. I have not been using the Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin products for long but I am very impressed so far! After I clean my skin and use a toner I add the liquid and follow with the cream. The smell is very tame, which I love as I am not a big fan of fragrance, and my skin feels healthy and visibly moisturized in the morning. Highly recommend, especially given these are 50% off!

Here's a before and after of Shira wearing the Cover FX Contour Kit. Sassy @shirabt wearing the Cover FX Contour KitSassy @shirabt wearing the Cover FX Contour Kit

Thursday, 2/8:

• Lancôme Glow Subtil Silky Creme Highlighter $30 $21
  • Cover FX Highlighter and Concealer + Foundation Click Stick $18 $9
  • Cover FX Concealer Brush $20 $10
  • Cover FX Powder Brush $42 $21
  • Cover FX Cream Foundation Brush $38 $29

EDIT: Adding swatches of the Lancôme Glow Subtil Silky Creme Highlighters. These are so pretty! Swatches_Lancome_GlowSubtil_Labeled.jpg

I also used the Cover FX Powder Brush, which is a steal for $21! On top of that it is so fluffy and 100% vegan, which is impressive because many know that synthetic brushes can be hit or miss. I love the plastic bags these brushes come in because it makes them easy to travel with. 

I just tested the Cover FX Cream Foundation Brush with the NARS Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation. To be crystal clear, I have used this brush one time and it was five minutes ago. My foundation looks flawless, which is surprising to me because I feel that brushes almost always make my foundation streak. I may be converted from my makeup sponges but I'll need to test this out with my other foundations to know 100%. 

Thursday, 2/1
:

• Anastasia Beverly Hills Prism Palette (EXTENDED) $42 $32
  • Cover FX The Perfect Highlighting Palette $22 $13
  • stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner $42 $21 

Thursday, 1/25:

• Anastasia Beverly Hills Prism Palette $42 $32
  • Cover FX Perfect Pencil $20 $10
  • Urban Decay Liquid Moondust Cream Eyeshadow $22 $11 

Tags:

Re: Weekly Wow Update Thread

Hello hello! We're back with an update on this week's releases for the Weekly Wow!

Reminder that the Weekly Wow is a US-only promotion and these deals have limited inventory so once they sell out they will be gone!

Read on to see what's coming this Thursday, 3/1:

I was able to test out the Buxom Full-On Lip Sticks and was very impressed! In fact, the entire team tried these out and we all were very impressed by the formula. I have become more and more picky with lip products since the cold weather has taken a toll on my lips. I love that is formula is a 3-in-1 (liner, lipstick and hydrating) and the formula is also plumping so my lips feel nice and tingly when applying this. Bonus! This product has a minty, breath-freshening effect Smiley Very HappyWearing Buxom Full-On Lip Stick in BarelonaWearing Buxom Full-On Lip Stick in BarelonaOne of my teammates tried out the Clinique Moisture Favorites Set and was very impressed by the products after just one day of use. She has oily skin and noticed the gel and spray to be refreshing, nourishing and to help balance her skin rather than making her more oily. And, of course, she enjoyed the Chubby Stick in the set, which was moisturizing and pigmented. I have tested a few of the MAKE UP FOR EVER Skin Equalizing Primersand love the variety offered by the brand. My go-to for stay-all-day makeup is the Matte Finish but I also love the Hydrating Primer if I am feeling dry and want some extra TLC before applying makeup. The Sephora Collection V for V.O.L.U.M.E. Mascaras are very pretty and add a lot of volume in my opinion. These lengthen my lashes and add a pop of fun color without being too intense. I tried Purple and Marsala and neither were too bright but did add a subtle pop of color. I will definitely be reaching for these shades to add some color to my lower lash line and why not for $5?! 

One product we didn't try from the list is the Philosophy Purity Made Simple Pore Extractor Mask. Has anyone tried it? What did you think?!

RE: Re: Weekly Wow Update Thread

I was late to the game on this one - and the lipsticks are OOS. Any plans to restock?

That lipstick is gorgeous on you @KatieBT

@KatieBT  I don't think I've ever seen you in a red lippie, but that does look really good on you!  I have loved those Buxom Full-On Lipsticks for years; the colors are really easy to wear.

@KatieBT  The Buxom lippie looks fierce on you, very lovely.

i might have to get one of the MUFE primers, I enjoy those very much and haven’t had one In a long time. The smoothing primer is the best one I have ever tried. 

You look gorgeous!! I especially love that lip color on you!! 

I really like the sound of the Buxom Lip Stick, just might have to buy that one! @KatieBT

Hello hello! We've got the new Weekly Wow deals for this Thursday, 2/22:

I was able to test some of these products out and I am very excited about the products I was able to get my hands on! The Becca Ultimate Coverage Concealer is very creamy and a little goes a long way. This formula is a little more creamy that what I am used to but for covering up dark circles or minor skin imperfections this is a great product. I think many of your already know that Benefit makes great brow products. I am a big fan of brow pencils but the ka-BROW! brow pot was very easy to use and I really like using it on the arches of my brows to easily add definition. I find this easier to use than drawing every hair in with a pencil so will definitely be reaching for this when I'm in a hurry to get my brows defined. I am not usually into lip plumpers but the GlamGlow Plumprageous lip plumpers have really impressed me! I love the shades (Screen Kiss is my favorite) and I love the different finishes you can choose from. For $9 this is definitely worth a try! Another great deal is the Sephora Collection Luminizing Drops for $8. This is a great liquid highlighter and comes in three shades. 

I haven't tried the micellar water or the Urban Decay Palette, hoping to get get your opinions on these two!

I'd love to try the Becca concealer, ugh..should i get it or not 😞

@darkiceis I played with it a little bit in store. It’s too creamy for my under eyes, but I always crease really easily. It felt nice on everywhere else and blended in nicely.

I’d say grab it while it’s on sale. I’d always rather buy it on sale and have to return it than be bummed that I’m paying full price later. 

@ChristineR07 Really creamy sounds like a good fit for my dry skin. It is at a good price, I’m still debating. Thank you for sharing your thoughts 🙂

@darkiceis - If you get it let me know how you like it! 🙂

@ChristineR07 Sure will, I was just looking at the shades. It’s hard to decide online. I’m leaning more towards no as shape tape will be on sale at ulta coming soon. That’s looking more appealing to me as I just fell in love with it. 

How are the Luminizing drops? Has anyone tried them?

@nikki I tried these a while back! They give a pretty glow, more subtle than others like the CoverFX drops. 

@KatieBT  will the UD be on sale in Canada too? I know we are excluded but sometimes some items hit the sale section so curious to know if we will get to enjoy this discount too.  And will Canada ever get these deals? Why are we always getting the shaft? Thanks!

I am frustrated with the lack of deals in Canada too. It seemed that when this promotion first began, Canada got many of the discounted items that the US did, but as time progressed there were less and less deals in the sale section. For several weeks now the Bite lip pencil has been the only Weekly Wow-type of item there. 😞

RE: Re: Weekly Wow Update Thread

Yes!!! Not to mention we've had the same items in the sale section for months and the US has double the amount of products in the sale section than we do. What's up with that??

Hey @veronika23! I hear your frustrations and have let the Canada team to let me know if these deals will ever come to Canada. As mentioned in the OP, Weekly Wow is a US promotion as of now and I will keep you in the loop if that changes!

Interesting, I didn't know there's a Canadian team in charge of deals like these! How can one apply to work on such a team? 😉

I wish we would also have similar deals to the US. I just placed an order to ship to my sister's house for items we don't get in Canada and was surprised to see the Ceramidin Liquid on sale for half price! What a great deal, I would definitely take advantage of deals if they were in Canada. 

@k617 Wouldn't it be great to work on that team?!

Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • Swatches_Lancome_GlowSubtil_Labeled.jpg
  • Swatches_Lancome_GlowSubtil_Labeled.jpg
  • Sassy @shirabt wearing the Cover FX Contour Kit
  • Sassy @shirabt wearing the Cover FX Contour Kit
  • Wearing Buxom Full-On Lip Stick in Barelona
  • Wearing Buxom Full-On Lip Stick in Barelona
testing