cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The routine after The ordinary AHA BHA Peeling

Hi Guys,

I have question related to the routine The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Exfoliating Peeling Solution 1 oz/ 30 mL 

As I figure out, after peeling, its recommended not to use toner and serum an use only moisturizer without any acids. Am I right or not?

Thanks in advance

Re: The routine after The ordinary AHA BHA Peeling

I would recommend that you should only use the peeling solution if you have sensitive skin. You should go by what your face feels like doing that day.

@Nanochk  If your skin's not used to this peel (or another one this strong), it'll be safer for you to skip products that contain direct acids, alcohol denat, and possibly even retinoids (if you normally use a retinoid serum) depending on your skin's tolerance. Maybe also vitamin C, though again, that depends on your skin's sensitivity. I'd even add witch hazel to that list, mostly out of personal bias (it's not so great for my skin) but also because it can irritate skin—and you don't wanna use anything after that peel that might cause irritation. 

If your toner or serum doesn't contain those ingredients, you can use them after this peel. I've used The Ordinary Buffet after this peel for a hydration boost, as well as a soothing licorice root + hyaluronic acid serum, and had no problems. Your mileage may vary. 

Thank you very much for clear explanation 😍

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing