Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The February Favorites Thread

Am I alone in thinking that January felt like a three-month saga? February flew right on by and, somehow, is already coming to a close! In honor of the end of another month, I am starting this thread so you can start to collect your thoughts and share your February favorite beauty products. 

These can be new favorite products or your daily holy grails... Whatever you were loving in February is fair game! Think about your favorite fragrance, go-to makeup, the best skin care products, your hair routine, and body care too! I will be sure to update below with my favorites after I finish my (long) list 🙂 

Which products were your February favorites? Let us know in the comments!

Re: The February Favorites Thread

Tatcha The Indigo Cream Soothing Skin Protectant 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

-My facial skin is so finicky and prone to contact dermatitis/eczema and finding a thick moisturizer for winter was difficult (broke out / reacted from affordable CeraVe moisturizers to Drunk Elephant's LaLa Retro and Protini). Was a joy to discover that the Indigo Cream worked for me. It's also approved by the National Eczema Association!

Tatcha The Camellia Oil 2-in-1 Makeup Remover & Cleanser 5.1 oz/ 150 mL

-Has a light calming fragrance (whatever fragrance ingredient(s) they use...my skin is surprisingly ok with) and loosens makeup quickly. I think it works faster than my SK-II - Facial Treatment Cleansing Oil

@RNGesusPls  Loved reading your thoughts! Thanks for sharing your favorites!

Best,
Rebecca

Great favorites @RNGesusPls! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ The Tatcha Indigo line is so soothing, gentle and effective! LOVE the Tatcha Cleansing Oil. It's one of my staple cleansers.

Yes, I hope it doesn't ever get discontinued. The cleansi...

Yes, I hope it doesn't ever get discontinued. The cleansing oil has now been one of my staples too!

Thanks for posting this thread, @KatieBT!  I love reading about what other people are loving because it's such a great way to discover new and amazing things :).

*adds new products to my loves list based on your recommendations*

My two favorite products this month:

1.)Wander Beauty Mile High Club Mascara:

Wander Beauty has some seriously underrated mascaras. I fell in love with their Unlashed Volume and Curl Mascara, so I knew I would love this one. It instantly lengthens, thickens and curls my lashes enough that I don't need a mascara primer or eyelash curler underneath (two less steps = yay!). I also love that I can apply it on my lower lashes without it smudging or smearing (which always happens when you have oily eyelids). 

https://www.sephora.com/product/mile-high-club-mascara-P442231

2.) The Ordinary Rosehip Seed Oil:

My skin gets drier in the winter so I like to finish my evening skincare routine with an oil. Rosehip oil has so many goodies for your skin: vitamin A  and essential fatty acids. A little bit goes a long way. I particularly like using this oil under my eyes, as an eye oil. I find that it instantly plumps and hydrates my under eye area. Best of all, it's a steal at $9.80. It's hard to find a high quality face oil at that price point.

https://www.sephora.com/product/the-ordinary-deciem-100-organic-cold-pressed-rose-hip-seed-oil-P4274...

Okay, I'm sold on the rosehip oil, @PenelopeBT. Can't beat that price, too.

@txcatx <333 That's a full size face oil for the price of my daily Starbucks coffee and muffin. 🙂

@PenelopeBT, the Rose Hipseed Oil is hands down, my favorite product from The Ordinary! My skin just looooves it, and that price point makes my wallet happy! 🙂 That's a great idea about using it as an eye oil; going to try that this week!

@itsfi and @PenelopeBT 

I completely agree! I had been eyeing the Rosehip Seed Oil in the past, and I finally grabbed it this month. I can't believe I waited so long because my skin absolutely LOVES it. I use it at night and it's one of my favorite steps in my routine. 🙂 

@PenelopeBT I will have to try The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Best,
Rebecca 

Thanks for tag @KatieBT! I am ALL ABOUT my Herbivore Emerald Hemp Seed Deep Moisture Glow Oil 1 oz/ 30 mLright now. I'm using this morning and night and am absolutely loving it. I absolutely feel like I have a glow after putting it on. I'm also super into Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Hydro Sleep Mask 1.8 oz/ 50 gbefore bedtime. I tested it out for Weekly Wow and now I'm already addicted. I had a sample before I tested it, so now I'm using up my sample since I had to give the product back after testing (waa waa). What else?? OH - PAT McGRATH LABS LUST: Lip Gloss Gold AllureI carry this with me Everywhere!! I'm a no makeup makeup gal, so this a staple now. (What do we call that? no mumu??) 

@CarolBT I love Pat McGrath lipglosses too. 

@CarolBT, Herbivore Emerald Oil is amazing!!! It really does give my skin a moisturizing glow and I love it. I had skin fiasco with an exfoliating sheet mask earlier this week and this helped to take down the redness and soothe my skin. ❤️ The Weekly Wow deals on the Dr. Jart products are great! 

Tagging my team so they don't forget to post their faves either!

@BrendaBT @CarolBT @LexBT 

Two of these items were from sub boxes.  I find that I have this weird rollercoaster reaction to boxes, I'm up when it's a new month, down when I receive items that are repetitive, then up again when I start to really get use out of an item.  I tend to go back to items from 1-2 months ago and go really hard with the products.

IMG_20190226_135112215.jpg

The Rose Hip Oil I kinda already hinted about, I tried mixing with my moisturizer day 3, didn't care for that...so I've gone back to using as a spot treatment and I love it.

The brush (#40), I'm really having fun with.  Haven't tried it in my gel liner yet, but definitely, love it for shadow work.

The Doucce lip color, it's great.  I really like a berry red, so I tend to reach for it frequently.  I also like the ease of a lip pencil.  It's pretty similar to NARS Cruella as far as color and ease, but I feel like it's just a tad creamier.

The Mia & Meech shadow.  It's so pretty for a wash of color.  It goes well with my complexion and it has just a hint of shimmer to it, so it has an eye-brightening effect.

The black up perfect brow, I like it, it looks like a kohl eyeliner.  The point has dulled out, but it's still pretty easy to use..sometimes I get overzealous with it.  But, if I'm using a pencil and feel like it's not quite right, I just add a touch of this and it finishes off my brow.

My February Favorites are both by Paula's Choice: AHA 8% (gel) and RESIST Brightening Essence.  I really think they will be staples for me from now on.  🙂

Those are both great products that I need to purchase again once I get through a few things @greeneyedgirl107 

Some of these are new, some I just love. 
IMG_20190226_132754.jpg

I decided to try out Mac's Fix+ and the rose scent is my fave by far. How perfect for February too! 

As for perfumes, I picked up the Jo Malone and Aerin promos. They're both perfect for spring and summer. The bottles are also too cute.

As for lipsticks, I recieved the Colourpop lipstick in Belle from @NotCrocker and it's such a pretty nude shade. I also love the Kaja Heart Melter Lip Gloss Stick 01 Too Hot in Be Mine. It doesn't feel like a gloss, but it looks like one, which is perfect 👌

The Pat Mcgrath mini in Edison is also amazing. The formula and colour are so nice. 

I always mention the Makeup Forever glitter in Holographic Silver bc I can't get over how pretty it is. Its my go-to for parties. 

Lastly, how had I not tried the stila Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner Intense Black

Hi @SpaceLlama ,

Stila  Eyeliner is a staple! I always go back to it! Also love the Pat Mcgrath lipsticks! They are so pigmented and creamy! Thanks for sharing! 

Best Wishes,

Janean 

Conversation Stats
Photos13
  • FEC268BA-A50C-4661-B128-9A902FCE8741.jpeg
  • My February Favorites
  • IMG_20190226_132754.jpg
  • IMG_20190226_135112215.jpg
  • IMG_5257.JPG
  • IMG_2377.jpg
  • Fav skincare- drunk elephant b hydra, dhc deep cleansing oil, Belif moisturizing bomb, drunk elephant la la retro and ren rose centifolia cleansingbalm
  • Makeup favs- by terry sheer expert,Maybelline age rewind, Marc Jacobs velvet noir, by terry hydrapowder, Bite amuse bouche in sake and nars orgasm blush
  • ff.jpg
  • 60315965-9A81-459B-BF64-52B71B579FB3.jpeg
  • 21671AEC-78F3-41CF-A763-43FD846E9830.jpeg
  • BD38F0BF-066A-4F04-9237-52C0A328F630.jpeg
testing