LANEIGE Lip Glowy Balm Berry

LILLY LASHES - Lilly Lashes Lite Mink

SEPHORA COLLECTION Rouge Lacquer Long-Lasting Lipstick 12 Be The Boss

Verb Ghost Hair Mask™ 6.3 oz/ 180 g

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Masks

20190504_172051.jpg

Re: Thank you! Sephora Gratis

PLAYA - New Day Mist 3-in-1 Styler Refresh

Not sure about how it refreshes my hair, doesn't look just done. Typically, If I use a refresher it's a spray bottle of water with some conditioner..hair needs moisture.

Scent: strong when sprayed. An odd mix of powder and fragrance. Normally I'm not a fragrance person. 

Used Bumble and bumble Surf Styling Leave In 5 oz/ 150 mL

again, days before Playa. This time same shampoo/conditioner, no HIO primer, applied to wet hair again. The majority of drying time was clipped up until almost fully dry. Hair had better definition, not necessarily curls - which it's not for.

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Masks

Oatmeal. The product reminds me of No7 Skin Resucing Paste - goes on white, after 5 minutes turns clear. Sephora's does need washed off, unlike No7, due to physical pieces of oatmeal. Sephora's is creamy despite the oatmeal. When washing off, via hands, could feel the layer of the mask, so make sure to rinse well. My dehydrated parts do need moisturizer after.

BITE BEAUTY - Agave+ Nighttime Lip Therapy

After a few more uses, my lips seemed to get dried out from it and chapped. Had to exfoliate to remove the hard. 

Has anyone else experience started off good and then changed?

Back with another review. This time the Sephora Rouge Lacquer lipstick. Tagging never seems to work for me. I'm not sure what the color shade is as it wasn't on the letter listing the items and the type on the bottom of the tube is tiny. Anyway...

I was really excited for this as I love cream lipsticks with shine. I'm disappointed. It's a nice my lips but better shade, but it did not go on smoothly. The edges of the bullet were breaking off as I put it on. I tried to be gentle when I reapplied but same issue. I did like the creamy finish and the slight shine. This lipstick doesn't stay on well and transfers a lot, but it's a shiny cream and as such I didn't expect if to be longwearing.

Wanted to love this because the Sephora collection has made some great lipsticks, but no dice. Sorry @TeamBIC 

I feel terrible I've had two negative reviews from this box but there are other great products in it.

20190523_141249.jpg

20190523_141259.jpg

Thank you! Sephora Gratis

congrats on the wonderful gratis @TrysBeautyItems

Jumping in here with a few reviews. Thanks again Sephora and these brands!

First up, the PLAYA - New Day Mist 3-in-1 Styler Refresh

I'll start with the low point. And I'll be honest. I hated this. It stinks like vanilla gone rancid, if that's possible. The first time I sprayed it on my hair, I was aghast. If the smell was just an aside, I could deal with this. However, this is billed as a 3 in 1, part hairspray, part hydrator and part perfume. Because its advertised as perfume, I expected it to smell better. No thanks. I'm disappointed because it could be a great refresher as also advertised but I couldn't get past the smell. Sorry Sephora, I wanted to love it but couldn't.

Moving onward to another hair product, the Verb Ghost Hair Mask™ 6.3 oz/ 180 g

I tried it once and really liked the results. It was supposed to feel weightless but it did feel heavy as my hair was drying. I wash my hair at night. In the morning, there was no heaviness and my hair was nice and soft. I can't really compare it to other hair masks as I never do them. I do embarrassingly little with my hair. I wash it with Head and Shoulders (2 in 1). I don't use a separate conditioner because most of them make my hair too oily in a day or two. All that being said, I will incorporate this mask in as a once a week item. Thumbs up from me.

Next up, LANEIGE Lip Glowy Balm Berry

I've used this about half a dozen times since I got it. I don't get dry lips except in winter. I love the grapefruit flavor. My lips felt smooth and moisturized. I don't use a lot of lip balm. I'm not a connoisseur. But I like it and will keep reaching for it. This is a winner.

Going on to the BITE BEAUTY - Agave+ Nighttime Lip Therapy

I was really excited about this. I had previously bought the original Agave balm as a nighttime lip mask during winter but I had kind of regretted not trying the Laneige lip sleeping mask because that was specifically for overnight. So I was happy to have a nighttime treatment. It comes with a cute little spatula which kept me from putting my fingers in the tub. Be careful with that spatula though. It picked up way more product than I expected so I had a lot on my lips. I woke up partway through the night and was pleased it had sunk in and was absorbed by my lips. As I said regarding the balm, I don't get dry lips often but this was nice. My lips were in excellent shape the following morning. Nice and soft. I'm really looking forward to having this during winter or after wearing my favorite red lipstick, PMG Matte Trance in Elson.  I can't wear that two days in a row now but maybe with the overnight treatment I can. I definitely approve of this product.

My plan is to use the oatmeal mask this weekend and try the lipstick next week. I'm not sure when I'll get to the lashes as I'm really intimidated by them. I am thinking I will pop into a store and get a tutorial.

Thanks again @TeamBIC as well as Bite, Laneige, Verb and Playa (wish I could give it a better review).

@sprocketta ,

I enjoy your reviews!  Congratulations again on getting this Gratis package!

congrats @sprocketta so many lovely products 😍

congrats @sprocketta so many lovely products 😍

Thanks for the great reviews @sprocketta! Congrats on your gratis package!

Sure thing @faeriegirl I'm flattered Sephora picked me and hope to share more this week.

Great reviews, @sprocketta!  I'm glad it wasn't just me who found the smell of the mist so bad!  I usually give the products I'm not going to use to a friend, but this smells so bad I'm afraid to give it to her.

@Titian06 that makes me feel better. I was going to give it to a coworker but now your comment gives me pause. I thought the product sounded great so I was disappointed about the smell.

@sprocketta you mentioned using the agave balm but have you used the agave mask? I'm curious how they compare. And you gotta love those little spatulas!

I haven't tried the Agave balm, just the  Agave mask (which I was using at night). Which I like. I was referring to the Laneige balm in that comment and made it confusing. I find I like both of these Bite products.

Okay that makes more sense. Thanks @sprocketta!

Bumble and Bumble 

Hair type: thick curls

It's a clear more gel than cream. BB states gel-cream. Directions say to use in towel-dried hair. Didn't listen 😉 First a few sprays of Bumble and bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil Heat Protectant Leave In Conditioner Primer 8.5 oz/ 25...

on wet hair, then scrunched in Bumble and bumble Surf Styling Leave In 5 oz/ 150 mL

and plopped. The Surf styling wasn't enough hold by itself to form my typical curls. Hair looks more relaxed, still some frizz. Didn't leave a stiff feeling. Will need to play with it along side with different products.

From brand site for Surf:

WHO IT'S FOR

Density:medium to thick
 Texture: straight to wavy
 Type: healthy and/or dry

RE: Thank you! Sephora Gratis

How does one qualify for something like this?

Re: RE: Thank you! Sephora Gratis

@furbio to receive gratis you have to be picked. I’m not quite sure what the qualifications all are but it does depend on your involvement on BIC. 

More reviews:

- Bite Beauty Agave Lip Treatment:  I haven't used any of the agave products before, so I have nothing to compare this to.  I applied using a nylon brush.  The description says it has a scent and it's a balm to oil.  I didn't really notice the scent.  The product seemed like a creamy paste.  I have extremely dry lips, so I was surprised to wake up this morning with a thin film still on my lips.  I was concerned that I would wake up with cat hair plastered to my lips, but that didn't happen!  My lips didn't really feel much different than usual, so the effects of the treatment must show after consistent use.  I'm going to use this every night this week to see what happens.

- Laneige Lip Glow Balm:  I received the Peach scent/flavor.  This is pretty much like the Bite Beauty Agave treatment, except in a squeezable tube.  It's thicker than Vaseline, but thinner than Bite Beauty Agave.  It's shiny and has a bit of a peach scent and tint.  Unlike Vaseline, it has minimal slip, so it sticks to my lips very well, but does not feel sticky or gooey (like lip gloss).   I actually feel like this is doing something moisture-wise and not just sitting on my lips.  It seems to lasts for a few hours.  I'm going to use this when I'm not wearing lipstick, at night under the Agave treatment, and under lipstick to see what happens.

- Playa New Day Mist 3 in 1 Refresh:  The product says it's for straight hair, a refresher, hydrator, and hair spray.  I will agree that it is for straight hair.  I misted it on my curly hair this morning and scrunched it in to revive my day 2 curls (I used the B&B Style Cream yesterday).  My hair looked OK at first; but soon after, my curls started to look more like waves.  This is definitely not a hair spray, but my hair feels very soft.  In addition, it smells like powder--very strongly like powder-scented antiperspirant--and it lasts for hours.  I wish my perfumes lasted this long!

- Sephora Oatmeal Mask:  I am not a mask user.  This smelled like oatmeal going on and it felt like I was putting oatmeal on my face.  The mask stayed soft during the 5 min. period.  When I rinsed it off, unlike the few masks I have used, my face felt "flexible."  Meaning, the few other masks I've used have always left my face feeling so dry that I thought it would crack if I smiled or raised my eyebrows.  My face just felt "nice."  I actually thought about skipping my moisturizer, but I didn't.  The tube says there are 5 applications.  I will definitely use the rest.

@Titian06 ,

Thanks for the Reviews!  I feel that I know more about these products now.  Congratulations again on receiving this gratis from Sephora!

congrats on your lovely gratis @Titan06

congrats on your lovely gratis @Titian06

First thoughts on the Laneige and Verb:

The Laneige balm is a decent balm for day time use. It's light and decently moisturizing. Wear is not particularly long though. It's not sticky. I'm interested in seeing how it wears underneath the lip mask at night.

The Verb hair mask I tried this morning. It rinsed out well and didn't weigh down my hair. It did make my hair very soft, but it's still a little frizzy and feels a touch dry. We'll see if consistent use helps that though.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos9
  • 20190504_172051.jpg
  • IMG_20190508_150855.jpg
  • IMG_20190508_151213.jpg
  • IMG_20190508_152511.jpg
  • Top: Laneige Balm in Berry, Second: Bite Nighttime Lip Therapy, Third: Sephora Collection Rouge Lacquer in 15 Not your Baby, Bottom: Sephora Collection Oat Muesli Mask
  • 20190507_181538.jpg
  • 20190507_182127.jpg
  • 20190523_141249.jpg
  • 20190523_141259.jpg
testing