Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Sephora credit card updates

You guys have been warned. Lol. Please use responsibly if you get one.

Re: @faeriegirl where do you apply for the credit card?

@lmaster 

Go to your account on Sephora.com. There should be an option that reads “credit card” on the drop down menu. Click on that and it will take you to the application online.

@gonerogue thank you!

@lmaster I couldn’t get it to pull up on the app, but I clicked on a link from trendmood on instagram and it let me apply.

@faeriegirl oh darn it! I don't have Instagram 😭

@lmaster 

I don't think you need IG...you just need to not be in the app. This link works for me from my desktop 🙂

https://www.sephora.com/creditcard-apply?icid2=creditcard_applynow_image_ufe_desktop

Thank you so much @RGbrown 

Re: Sephora credit card updates

@demitriam 

I received my physical card in the mail today and I applied for the card the first day it was available (last Monday I think?)

Just something to think about - if you get the Sephora card you get 4% back on your purchases when you use the card in store/online at Sephora. So basically if you were to use the card during the upcoming Rouge sale you're kind of getting 24% off instead of 20% off as that extra 4% is coming back to you. They pay out the percentages back in $5 increments, but still if you were planning on making some large purchases during the sale that 4% can add up fast. Don't go into major debt for lipstick though as it's not worth it. This is coming from someone that went bananas when the Ulta card launched so been there done that :P.

@niki172 Plus, if you combine all that with ebates 4% cash back (after the 20% is applied, so not actually 4% of your total, but still) and it's a pretty sweet deal

I love Sephora but I just don’t purchase any makeup or skincare with credit. If I don’t have the cash, I don’t buy it. If the perks get better in time, I may get the one just for Sephora, not a Visa. I guess I can just make the purchase and instantly pay it off with my debit. I’ve been debt-free for far too long. I don’t want to acquire it because of an eyeshadow palette. 

Same here @darlyndar I'm paying down my debt now and don't want to add to it. All my purchases, beauty and otherwise, are cash or debit. I just got a better paying job so I can put more money towards that.

RE: Re: Sephora credit card updates

@darlyndar someone posted a warning for people not to go in debit for lipstick. Lol. I’m saying no to it to. I have the credit score. I just don’t need it. I got 10000 points that I haven’t used.

Re: RE: Re: Sephora credit card updates

Exactly, @KNC24. I made that mistake with a Nordstrom card when I was 19. I’ve been debt-free for almost 10 years. I use my Amex for gas. That’s it. I work hard to purchase makeup when I can. Not buy when I know I shouldn’t. 

You definitely need to turn those those points into the $100 gift cards! That’s what I did with all my points. Best thing ever. 

The select markets

20190408_223304.png

@TrysBeautyItems  Interesting to see which areas make up the in-person application rollout. Funny: they listed all 4 Chicago Sephora stores, but also bunched cities outside Chicago as “Chicago.” 😄 I’m sure they did the same for DC, but at least they called that category Greater DC. They should’ve called the Chicago category “Chicagoland” (what most folks call the burbs surrounding this city) or just “Illinois.” But anyway... turning off my Managing Editor mode now. 😄

Tiny semicolons break up the list lol

RE: Re: Sephora credit card updates

@TrysBeautyItems thanks for the update

RE: Sephora credit card updates

Even though we are not eligible in Canada (surprise surprise), I am just wondering what are the differences between the credit card and the visa credit card other than some benefits only apply to the Visa card?

Re: RE: Sephora credit card updates

@haha11 

From what I understood, the Sephora CC is just their retail card that you use exclusively in their store to earn more rewards. The Visa is the one you can use everywhere like a normal Visa all the while acquiring Sephora rewards. They both have the same interest percentage and no annual fees. 

RE: Re: RE: Sephora credit card updates

I see, thanks for your reply!

I like to check the Sephora app for new updates/products every morning when I wake up so when I saw the Credit Card option actually take me to the application this morning, I applied right away and opted for the Sephora CC. I don't trust myself with the Visa just yet but maybe one day in the future 😉

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • 9B60B298-F7D4-4DB6-97CC-FD0E0D4F5A11.jpeg
  • 20190408_223304.png
testing