Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

New BT Feature: Rich Linking

Raise your hand if you nerd out on website updates (Beautytester, I'm looking at you ;)). Well today I have a very cool BeautyTalk update to share with you: Rich linking!

Rich linking is just a techy term for allowing clickable images in posts. So now, when you post a product link in a thread, not only will an image of that product show up in your post, but other users can click on that image to be taken to the product page! Revolutionary, right? (that was a joke, I realize this is not revolutionary, but hey we're trying, and you have to admit, it's a pretty cool new feature.) 🙂

Here's how it works:

1. When you are starting or replying to a conversation, and you'd like to call out a product, go to the product page and copy the link from your browser.

lovemarcppage.jpg

2. Paste the product link into the conversation you are starting. After you paste the link, an image of the product will pop up below the post. If you'd just like to include the link without the product image, click the little "x" to the top right of the image to get rid of it.

postpage.jpg

3. If you'd like to keep the image but lose the link (the image will still be clickable in your post), delete the link in your post after the image has appeared. This is how I do it, because personally I don't think links are that pretty, but this step is entirely based on your preference.

deletelinkinpost.jpg

4. When you click "Post" the image will show up in your post!

imagepost.jpg

5. To get to the product page, just click on the image or the product name.

imagepostclick.jpg

6. If you'd like to post more than one product, you can do that too. Just follow the same steps, copying and pasting the product links into your post. They will show up in a product carousel at the bottom of your post.

carousel.jpg

(See what I meant about the not-so-pretty links? :))

Note, this feature only works for products (trying to post a link to see an image won't work...for now), but that's pretty much all we talk about anyway, right?

I really hope you guys enjoy this new feature - this is the first version we're rolling out, so there will be updates to it in the future, per the usual.

Let the enabling begin! 🙂

Re: New BT Feature: Rich Linking

This is awesome!!

42 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • lovemarcppage.jpg
  • postpage.jpg
  • deletelinkinpost.jpg
  • imagepost.jpg
  • imagepostclick.jpg
  • carousel.jpg