cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: May 2021 Edition!

GeorginaBT May favorites 2021.jpg

End of May already, BIC – hope you are all getting as much sun as we have in the Bay Area. 😊 Now that the month is almost up, you know what that means: it’s time to share our monthly faves! Recently I have revisited and slowly revamped my personal self-care routines, and I feel that my current favorites reflect that. Now, the rest of the Beauty Insider Community and I would love to know: what beauty products have you been reaching for most this month? All skincare, hair, makeup, fragrance, and wellness recos welcome. 👀

Here are my May favorites:

Click the “Reply” button below and use the “#” symbol to tag beauty products you’ve been loving this month!

Re: Monthly Favorites: May 2021 Edition!

@Sunnysmom The blush is okay but for the price, formula, packaging it just wasn't worth it for me.  I could easily dupe it with a MAC shade for cheaper.  I barely use it.  I mean Pat McGrath got it done right and Hermes fell short for me. 

@SportyGirly125 Pat’s blushes are so beautiful I agree! Same with MAC for sure too. So many choices in the blush world this spring, ugh. Did you see the new Mario in store also? I stared at cremes but not powders. 

@Sunnysmom I saw it in store last week.  I don't know about his line.  Nothing really says buy me for me.

Yes @SportyGirly125 I remember seeing it when it first released and nothing really called out to me either tho the blush stick with brush underneath seemed nice. 😊

@GeorginaBT, yes, yes and yes to the sun we are getting in the Bay!!! 🌞😊 Love both tools in your self care routine! 💖 May was a good month for trying out some new or newer to me products.

May Favorites.jpg

The packaging for the Olio E Osso Coffee Lip Scrub makes it easy to glide on and use. The scrubbies are gentle and made of ground coffee beans and olive stones. It smells deliciously of coffee, too! 

I received this sample of the Diptyque Orpheon  Eau de Parfum in connection with attending a virtual event for the parfum. I pick up a light blend of floral and a subtle mix of powder and something woodsy, maybe pine, with a slight tobacco and peppery scent as it dries down. I wouldn't mind if this lasted longer on me. I also have enjoyed spritzing it lightly around my workspace for a little pick me up throughout the day. 

Acure Radically Rejuvenating Marula & Rose Serum Stick makes reapplying a nourishing facial oil throughout the day (or night) a breeze. The scent on this serum stick is a natural rose scent, with my nose picking up the smell of the petals, leaves, thorn, and stem. 🌹

I was interested in trying the Dr. Barbara Sturm Face Cream Rich, but didn't necessarily want to like it because of the price, but I do. I really do like this cream. A lot. 💖 It's rich and moisturizing, and sits beautifully under my base makeup, whether it be a BB cream, cushion compact or liquid foundation. For such a rich cream, I'm surprised (and happy) that it's neither heavy nor greasy. I've been using it as part of my morning skincare, but may be moving it to my evening routine as the weather warms. 

Hermes Rose Hermes Silky Blush Powder - Rose Nuit was the only blush I reached for last month for the most part. It's a pretty, cool toned, pink that feels silky going on and gives me a semi-matte finish. I've been pleased with this blush. 😍 It was a splurge but one I'm happy that I decided to pick up. 

Last month, I started working on a small flower garden as another way to de-stress, get a little more time outdoors, and if I do it right and well, have a little garden in the backyard. 

Isn't it great?! Hope you have a nice weekend with this awesome weather we're having @itsfi 😊

Love these faves (and this photo)! I have a sample of that Sturm face cream that I've kept in my stash ... taking this as a sign for me to finally give it a try. 

@GeorginaBT, it’s been really nice to be outside and get some sun!! 🌞 

Break open your Sturm Face Cream sample! My skin responded so well to it in both my morning and evening routines. I like that it’s moisturizing enough without being heavy or making my face look greasy! ♥️ If you try it, I’d love to know how it works for you.

Oh @itsfi, besides the beauty, the flowers on your calendar are so pretty! They look a bit like morning glories. Ahhhh and I think it’s so true - hard to find a Dr. Sturm product that doesn’t love the skin. Nordstrom has a nice little trial set (or did; I haven’t checked in a few weeks, ha!). That scrub is a favorite of @Kim888’s too, I think!

@eshoe, thank you. 😀 I've been lucky to have been able to pick up some Dr. Barbara Sturm products as promos or gwps. What's your favorite product from her line? 

The coffee lip scrub is a nice one - it smells like coffee so it's off to a good start! It came in handy for a coffee themed masking sesh. Will be interested in @Kim888 thoughts on it; hope it performs well for her too. 

@itsfihmmmm. I loved Dr. Barbara Sturm Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL. And the Dr. Barbara Sturm Hyaluronic Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL. And the Dr. Barbara Sturm Super Anti-Aging Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL. I have samples of the Dr. Barbara Sturm The Good C Vitamin C Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL and Dr. Barbara Sturm Sun Drops Face Sunscreen SPF 50 1 oz/ 30 mL yet to try, but based on my experiences so far, I am guessing they will be loves, too! Still kicking myself for passing on the promo a couple of months ago. But as for favorite...so far, the Super Anti-Aging Serum💗

@eshoe, she does have a great list of products. That anti aging serum looks good. 😃

@itsfi @eshoe @@I actually haven’t tried their scrub!!! I’ve been loving their other sticks though so it’s on my list to check out !

Oh @Kim888 @itsfi oops! I didn’t know there are balms and scrubs. Good to know, you know;)

I'd love to try the Barbara Sturm Face Cream, @itsfi. Hopefully I can get a sample one day.  My Hermes blush is an absolute favorite for my month, too! I did still use my Westman Atelier Minette, also.

Definitely keep an eye out for a promo of the Dr. Barbara Sturm Face Cream, @curlychiquita! I've been happy with this one; I feel like I should break out my DS of the Augustinus Bader face cream soon to compare the two. Oh yes, the WA and Hermes blushes are wonderful, aren't they? 

@itsfi Grteat May favorites.  Glad to see Dr. Sturm and Hermes was in your picks.

@SportyGirly125, thank you. 😀 The Barbara Sturm face cream is a nice surprise; happy I was able to pick up the promo. Happy too that the Hermes Rose Nuit works well for me. 

Gorgeous @itsfi I hope we get to see some garden pics over the summer!  And thank you for the reminder to do a lip scrub today!

Thank you @missjeanie! 🤗 I was hoping the gardenias would have bloomed but I may have just missed the season. Or, maybe they're just shy and I can coax them out in the summer. 🤔 Yes, I need to get to a better routine with exfoliating my lips. 

I forget missjeanie, are you a fan of rose scents or are they a "nah" for you?! The Acure oil stick came in quite handy, especially as I was getting up in the middle of the night more often than I cared to - I left it on my nightstand and (when I remembered) would reapply. I'll have to look if other brands have a similar oil stick - I know that Bobbi Brown's new beauty line, Jones Road, has one, but I think there was something in the inci list that I didn't care for. Hmmm... adding some research to my "to do" list. 😂

@itsfi I wish you the best of luck with flowers!  I grow a lot of fruits and veggies but I've never had luck with flowers.  

I'm a pass on rose scents.  I actually remember you mentioning that you'd apply if you woke up in the middle of the night and I put a facial spray on my night stand.  I've remembered to use it a few times... but I'm still trying to get into the habit.

These all look so beautiful @itsfi ! I’m very interested in the Sturm cream after hearing your thoughts. Oh that blush she’s a beauty! 🌸

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • GeorginaBT May favorites 2021.jpg
  • 013CB388-212F-4C68-A684-2AB899542180.jpeg
  • B25E893C-4935-4678-AFCF-20968A1FEA18.jpeg
  • Screenshot_2021-05-24 Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind Avocado + Quinoa Co-Wash Ulta Beauty.png
  • 9727AA96-9019-4374-8448-237B416BE597.jpeg
  • EB6F5872-3A78-441C-B5AF-252D102A02D3.jpeg
  • May Yes.jpg
  • FE7A3225-CDAA-4499-9A16-54AEE9E0EC2E.jpeg
  • I did consider showing one of my pillowcases in this photo but opted for just a box instead.
  • 3793B74F-B304-44A9-A80C-E44E1C788473.jpeg
  • PXL_20210601_025640121.jpg
  • IMG_20210601_125638737.jpg
  • D14B13E1-6679-490B-823C-099535C33BC1.jpeg
  • May Favorites.jpg
  • 2E7AB3AD-BB3D-4B92-A039-69441D649C4E.jpeg
testing