cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: May 2021 Edition!

GeorginaBT May favorites 2021.jpg

End of May already, BIC – hope you are all getting as much sun as we have in the Bay Area. 😊 Now that the month is almost up, you know what that means: it’s time to share our monthly faves! Recently I have revisited and slowly revamped my personal self-care routines, and I feel that my current favorites reflect that. Now, the rest of the Beauty Insider Community and I would love to know: what beauty products have you been reaching for most this month? All skincare, hair, makeup, fragrance, and wellness recos welcome. 👀

Here are my May favorites:

Click the “Reply” button below and use the “#” symbol to tag beauty products you’ve been loving this month!

Re: Monthly Favorites: May 2021 Edition!

Oh how odd @Ispend2much6. I have noticed when skincare products with rice go off, they emit an almost ammonia-like scent. Not sure if it was due to heat damage or just close to expiration, but the scent was awful.

The perfume oil definitely reminds me of fresh play doh, which threw me for a loop as the description was more along the lines of musky. I hope you are able to sample it, I am very curious to hear what you think of it if you do!

That mascara is the best @eshoe!

It’s such a breeze to use, @faeriegirl! Products that aren’t tricky are easy to love.

Definitely not regretting purchasing Urban Decay Naked Cherry Eyeshadow Palette 12 x 0.038 oz/ 1.1 g and the Marc Jacobs Beauty New Nudes Sheer Gel Lipstick Understudy 114 this month.

Next month, I'm hoping to purchase a new mascara (eyeing Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Lengthening Mascara Black) and the Tower 28 Beauty BeachPlease Lip + Cheek Cream Blush After Hours. One day I'll buy the Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow Palette, one day! 😂

@FullCoverageBB The Cherry palette is AMAZING - the "Hot Spot" shade in there is one of my favorite highlighter colors for under the brow. 😊 They're Real is also one of my all-time favorite mascaras; adding length without clumpiness is always my #1 priority when it comes to my lashes, and this one does just the trick. 

That Natasha palette 😍

"Hot Spot" is an amazing shade!!

And I actually just bought the Natasha Denona pallet yesterday! 😁 @GeorginaBT 

Ooooo YES @FullCoverageBB!! Would love to know your thoughts once you get to try it out! The shades are gorge. 

@GeorginaBT I love it already!

@FullCoverageBB  Great choices! The tower 28 is soo good!

Ahhh, love to hear the MJ lipsticks are working for you, @FullCoverageBB 👍🏼

@GeorginaBT Yesss I also picked up a Tower 28 blush recently (I actually got Tower 28 Beauty BeachPlease Lip + Cheek Cream Blush Magic Hour which is just deep enough on my skin tone to look natural and peachy) and now I wanna try the bronzer too!

@AlexBT Love Magic Hour!! I always find rosy blush shades so pretty. I haven't tried their cream bronzers either, but after recently converting from a long-time powder blush wearer to a cream blush fanatic, I think I'm ready to jump on them... 😌 Bet the blush and bronzer would blend well together around the cheekbone! 

@AlexBT I own two of the blushes and two of the bronzers and I love them ALL.  They're probably up there with my very fav cream formulas that I've tried.

@AlexBT  I also have the tower 28 magic hour and it’s been my go too. I’ve been patiently waiting a restock on the bronzer! I’m hoping it’s back soon 😆

@AlexBT I still have that shade on my love list to try from Tower 28.

Thanks to @curlychiquita for introducing me to Kiehl's Since 1851 Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak 8.4 oz/ 250 mL.  I was losing hope of finding one that is moisturizing enough to help my hair. 

I used this after Brigeo's Be Kind Co-Wash (didn't see this on Sephora,) which is also wonderful.  This is the first time in about a year my hair hasn't been just a frizz ball after shampooing.

Screenshot_2021-05-24 Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind Avocado + Quinoa Co-Wash Ulta Beauty.png

@Ispend2much6 So happy the Kiehl's mask is working for you! I'm working through my Adwoa treatment mask right now but I'll add this one to my list. Hair masks are one of those products I like switching up - my dry hair will take all the extra moisture it can get, tbh! 

@GeorginaBT   It's the best one I've tried for moisture. My hair is much less tangled too, at the ends where the curls are.  That in itself is miraculous!  Is there a way you could suggest to the powers that be to start carrying the Briogeo Co-Wash?  It too is the best one I've tried for dry hair, and it feels like it cleans, not just smoothes.  Thanks!

@Ispend2much6  Glad you were able to find a product that works well

@ather   Thank you; it's a relief!

Oooh this one is so good, @Ispend2much6. Curious how often you use it. I have to use a hair mask at least 2-3 times a week to keep it from drying out too much.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • GeorginaBT May favorites 2021.jpg
  • 013CB388-212F-4C68-A684-2AB899542180.jpeg
  • B25E893C-4935-4678-AFCF-20968A1FEA18.jpeg
  • Screenshot_2021-05-24 Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind Avocado + Quinoa Co-Wash Ulta Beauty.png
  • 9727AA96-9019-4374-8448-237B416BE597.jpeg
  • EB6F5872-3A78-441C-B5AF-252D102A02D3.jpeg
  • May Yes.jpg
  • FE7A3225-CDAA-4499-9A16-54AEE9E0EC2E.jpeg
  • I did consider showing one of my pillowcases in this photo but opted for just a box instead.
  • 3793B74F-B304-44A9-A80C-E44E1C788473.jpeg
  • PXL_20210601_025640121.jpg
  • IMG_20210601_125638737.jpg
  • D14B13E1-6679-490B-823C-099535C33BC1.jpeg
  • May Favorites.jpg
  • 2E7AB3AD-BB3D-4B92-A039-69441D649C4E.jpeg
testing