Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: February 2021 Edition!

monthlyfavesFebruary.jpg

As we march toward the end of February (see what I did there?) it’s time to salute our favorite products of the month! You know the drill. 😉 This month, I set out to do a major purge of my beauty collection, given all the products I’ve accumulated while in quarantine, but instead ended up with a bunch of new goodies to add to my ever-growing stash. Does anyone else’s beauty shelves “magically” replenish themselves after a big clean-out sesh? I know it’s not just me… I’m always in good company here on the BIC!

Here are my February Favorites, including some newbies, some new-to-me BIC favorites, and some trusty shelter-in-place standbys:

Click the “Reply” button below and use the “#” sign to tag and share your own February Favorites. Makeup, Hair, Skincare, Fragrance, Wellness – anything goes!

Re: Monthly Favorites: February 2021 Edition!

@AlexBT love your choices!! My february favorites are SEPHORA COLLECTION Lip Sleeping Mask Strawberry tarte Mini SEA Surfer Curl™ Volumizing Mascara Black Too Faced Born This Way Natural Finish Longwear Liquid Foundation Praline Saie Glowy Super Gel Lightweight Dewy Multipurpose Illuminator Jo Malone London English Oak & Hazelnut Cologne now this next two will come as a complete surprise,,, because I thought the shampoo was a major fail the first time I used it,,, mainly because I didn't see much of a lather,,,, note to self,,, my hair is extremely thick and I need to use more product to get a good lather 🤦 Gisou Mini Honey Infused Hair Wash Shampoo 2.6 oz/ 75 mL Gisou Mini Honey Infused Conditioner 1.7 oz/ 50 mL after many more uses,, I have to admit,,, they are now loves

Power Couples!

PXL_20210301_031012332~2.jpg

Barack & Michelle: belif Aqua Bomb Cleansing Balm 3.3 oz/ 100 mL and The Original MakeUp Eraser Ride or Dye 7-Day MakeUp Eraser Set (the wipe isn't pictured because it's wet and I don't have this set, I have the fall one). The necessary couple.  Good for you and they do the job.

Tom & Rita: Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Snap Shadows Mix & Match Eyeshadow Palette 1 True Neutrals and Sonia G's eye brushes.  Beloved and always gives a good show.

Denzel & Pauletta

Mizani 25 Miracle Milk Heat Protectant Leave-In Conditioner + TJ Shea butter & coconut oil hair serum.  This is my jam pre-work out.  It's consistent and I don't know what I do without it.

Harry & Megan

Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Wear Camouflage Color Corrector  + Profusion concealer brush.  You wonder about this combo, they are so different, but a little stipple there and there and all is well.

@danielledanielle Power couples! I love it. I just picked up the Mizani True Textures Curl Enhancing Lotion 5.1 oz/ 150 mL and I'm excited to see how it works w/ my waves.

@danielledanielle I've heard more people rave about MIzani products recently; I think I need to try something soon.

@AlexBT Nice favs. 

Hi

@Hellllooooo Hi there!

Usually my faves (and fails) are skincare based, but this month they're all makeup!! I combined all of them into a single look.

My faves were: 

20210227_162454~2.jpg

PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick Executive Realness This lipstick looks AMAZING on literally every person I've seen wearing it. That's been a few more this month, as many BIC lovelies received it in TeamBIC amazing Galentine's Day gratis!! 

Lancôme Lash Idôle Lash-Lifting & Volumizing Mascara I received a sample as a gratis from Topbox/Lancôme for a review. I unexpectedly like this mascara a lot. I normally go for more drama in my mascara (thickness, length, oomph). But this is a great version of a your lashes but better. It is non irritating, provides a bit of curl, length and definition. Once I wittle down my collection, I think I'd buy this and one of my fave drama type masacaras. 

Lash comparison: 

Spoiler
Left on image is Idôle, right on image is no mascara.
20210227_162211~2.jpg

Combined look, including some of my misses, Monthly Misses (and Mehs!): February 2021  

Spoiler
20210227_162135~3.jpg

@haleyvvvv  That mascara looks beautiful! I definitely need to try

Thank you, @ather!! 😊 

I hope you're able to get a sample or try it out soon and that you like it!!

@haleyvvvv I love Executive Realness. It dies look great on everyone...except my mom. I brought it over to her to try because I wanted her to enjoy pmg as much as I do. It was way too dark and looked awful! Looks fab on you though! Enjoy.

Oh no, I'm sorry it didn't work out for your mom, @sprocketta!! 

@haleyvvvv Your thumbnail in the feed caught my attention! You made the limes and yellows look super chic, and those are usually difficult colours to pull off 👏🏻 Great choices all around! Your cheeks look so rosy too!

Oh, thank you, @Guessgal!! 🥰

The palette (except for the matte yellow and orange) was actually a miss, as was my blush, but somehow they pulled together yesterday.

@haleyvvvv Ah, just read your post in the monthly misses thread. I’m surprised to hear that the Rare Beauty liquid blush is causing you trouble, since similar to what you said, it’s supposed to be a touch and go type of concept. I haven’t gotten around to using mine yet and you’ve definitely gotten me curious. Will need to give it a whirl next weekend 🤔

I'm curious about how you'll find it, @Guessgal!! I hope it works well for you!!

@AlexBT  Omg 3 on your list I’ve been wanting to try this month! The jlo mask the wave spray and the DDG! So happy to see them on your favs! Now I must try them all!!

@ather Yay! Always happy to enable a good haul. 😉 Let me know what you think!

A mix of makeup, skincare, and wellness favorites this month: 

That COSRX bottle is empty: I just ran out, so I need to go open a new bottle now.That COSRX bottle is empty: I just ran out, so I need to go open a new bottle now.
Slip Silk Sleepmask , "Lipstick Queen" - Not only is the lipstick motif perfect for me, the overall functional design is as close to sleep mask perfection as possible. 
Spoiler
Silky soft, of course. Puts just the slightest pressure on the outer corners of my eyes, which I can deal with. (Most sleep masks press too hard against my lids.) Stays in place all night, blocks all sunlight, doesn’t kill my eyelashes, and has no hair-eating velcro on the strap. I haven't washed it yet, but I assume I can easily do that the same way I launder all my other silk items. Will toss in the wash with my next load of silk pillowcases. 

I don't use this mask every night. I reserve it for “nights” (haha, mornings) when the sun will rise within 2 hours of bedtime—or when I turn out the lights and it's not dark, so I swear at the sun for having the nerve to rise before my brain's decided to let me try sleeping. 🤣 This mask is helping me overcome my chronic sleep deprivation issues. Nearly anything that helps me sleep is an automatic favorite. 
Jouer Cosmetics Essential High Coverage Concealer Pen - I like this waaay better than Jouer’s liquid concealer—and I don’t usually like cream concealers. 
Spoiler
This one plays nice with my bumpy tear troughs. It settles into my lines without chiseling them, almost like a line-filling effect (but not line-erasing, because no concealer can do that)—so I never feel the need to buff the excess product out of my lines. And it leaves a natural looking finish on me. 

I can see why some folks who are used to slathering lots of concealer under their eyes and/or using it as a center-of-face brightener might not like this one. I don't think this cream concealer would work well for that. But for the sparse way I use concealer, it’s nearly perfect. 
CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar - A few months ago, I stopped buying bottled body washes and switched back to bars. 
Spoiler
Eh, the switch was part of my ongoing efforts to reduce waste. This bar’s very effective without stripping my body skin or leaving any weird film behind. And it smells good despite being fragrance-free. 

This is kinda like the bar version of CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser. At night, I use this bar on my face as well as my body. It’s replaced Paula’s Choice Hydralight as my usual PM facial cleanser. 
COSRX Centella Water Alcohol-Free Toner - Probably a repeat monthly fave. It's a product I use each day and night, but not as a "toner." 
Spoiler
This "toner" comes in a convenient spray bottle, so I use it as a hydrating mist between steps of my skincare routine. (I like to keep my skin damp throughout my routine, unless I'm applying glycolic acid.) It soothes mild inflammation and contains nothing that irritates my skin. I usually buy it 3 bottles at a time, and I wish COSRX would sell it in a bigger bottle. 
MAC Paint Pots, the new colorful shades - These are now my second favorite cream eye shadows. 
Spoiler
They’re easy to apply, fairly easy to build up and blend out, and they don’t budge once they’ve set: no creasing on my hooded lids. Many folks already use a neutral Paint Pot shade as an eye primer. I also like the new matte shades as transition color + primer, or as a base for shadows like PMG astral shades or sheer/semi-sheer gel shadows. 

The shade in my photo is Currant Affair, the one I'm most in love with. I hope MAC releases more shades, and brings back improved versions of some of the old discontinued shades. 
And let’s talk about my Feb. fave exfoliants, now that one of my favorite brands is at Sephora: 

Why yes, I did rotate through all of these in February.Why yes, I did rotate through all of these in February.
Paula’s Choice: 
  • Paula's Choice CLEAR Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution with 2% Salicylic Acid 4 oz/ 118 mL - my usual 2% BHA option. I prefer this to the cult favorite 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliator, mostly because of the texture but also because this product helps reduce my surface redness. 
  • Advanced Pore-Refining Treatment 4% BHA - I sometimes use this instead of the 2% BHA. In fact, this one's sometimes more soothing than that one. 
  • BHA 9 - I’ve listed this as a monthly fave before. It's 9% BHA which is more than most folks need, and I don't recommend using it as frequently as a 2% or even 4% BHA. I use it to “area treat” existing acne and it gets the job done. 
  • Advanced Smoothing Treatment 10% AHA - still my favorite blend of glycolic, lactic, malic, and tartaric acids. I'm kinda surprised Sephora doesn't sell this (yet), though I do see the 8% AHA gel available. 

The INKEY List Polyhydroxy Acid (PHA) Gentle Exfoliating Toner 3.4 oz/ 100 mL - 3% gluconolactone (a polyhydroxy acid) + 3% niacinamide. I tested it in January and February, just on my face. It seems to work well with no irritation, so Ill try it on my neck sometime soon. If it doesnt irritate my neck, Ill start using it there once or twice a month. I also love having another gentle exfoliating option handy for times when my face is in nope, everything hurts me mode. 

@WinglessOne That mask!! So cute. Great faves. 🙂

Conversation Stats
Photos21
  • monthlyfavesFebruary.jpg
  • AF15D52E-7865-4C7B-B3C8-2502512F7105.jpeg
  • C9A68B6A-3AEE-4FD1-A987-B65186AA423C.jpeg
  • A2B0C0DF-70AF-4386-ACC5-F34F779C596A.jpeg
  • February 2021 Favorites
  • February 2021 Favorites Swatches.jpeg
  • DEBFC1B4-71D8-4B51-801D-A722BB4DA9A9.jpeg
  • Feb Favorites.jpg
  • sugarfina.jpg
  • That COSRX bottle is empty: I just ran out, so I need to go open a new bottle now.
  • Why yes, I did rotate through all of these in February.
  • 20210227_162211~2.jpg
  • 20210227_162454~2.jpg
  • 20210227_162135~3.jpg
  • PXL_20210301_031012332~2.jpg
testing