cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: August 2020 Edition!

MonthlyFavesAugust.jpg

You know the drill (unless you’re new here, then hi!): It’s time to share your favorite products for the month! Summer has looked a little different for many of us in 2020, but one thing’s for certain: I’m getting my tan on SOMEHOW. My August favorites reflect my current pared-down, “Zoom meeting ready” style – beachy heat-free waves and no-makeup makeup -- and since I’m not spending a whole lot of time in the actual sun these days, I figured I might as well tap into my retinol stash and discover a new favorite! Also, I may have “accidentally” taken advantage of the National Lipstick Day sale at the end of July, which means I’ve had the perf my-lips-but-better shade to rock every day in August 😉.

Here are the products I’ve been keeping on rotation for the month of August:

What products have you been reaching for this month? Reply below and tag your August favorites!

Re: Monthly Favorites: August 2020 Edition!

Just a few favorites this month:

20200830_140905.jpg

20200831_102757.jpg

Quite a few loves this month: 

August 2020 favorites: some repeats and some new-to-mes.August 2020 favorites: some repeats and some new-to-mes.
Details & notes & stuff: 
Spoiler
NARS Blush Savage  - Since this shimmery shade is just slightly ruddier than my skin tone, it gives me a natural glowing flush. Savage has quickly become one of my favorite blush shades ever. 

Pat McGrath Labs: 
  • PAT McGRATH LABS Dark Star Volumizing Mascara 0.43 fl oz / 13 mL - I still need to do my Dark Star vs. CT LLv2 test, but I love how soft this mascara leaves my lashes after 1 or 2 coats, and without flaking or smudging all day. I definitely prefer it to FetishEyes. 
  • PAT McGRATH LABS DARK STAR 006 ULTRAVIOLET BLUE - I already had the 006 kit without the Ultraviolet Blue (or Ultrasuede Brown) shadow, and I’ve listed the black satin Dark Matter Pigment as a monthly favorite a few times before. It’s still my favorite eye smoker. But I’ve wanted that blue ever since that kit first launched, and I kept missing it, and now it’s finally mine! And I get backups of Dark Matter, Mercury, and Astral White! *happy dance* 
Notoriously Morbid: 
  • Destruction (the green shadow) - My favorite of the 3 multi-chrome pressed shadows I recently bought from Notoriously Morbid. 
  • The Ballad of Booger Woods (in the tiny jar) - My only regret is that I didn’t purchase more of this multi-chrome loose powder before it went OOS. It’s so gorgeous, I’m rationing the tiny bit of it I have and stretching it with mixing mediums (like the one pictured here, Mehron). 
MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Resist Color Pencil Eyeliner 07 Lagoon (and other shades) - I’m super impressed with these gel liners! They’re not the first MUFE eyeliners I’ve ever used, but they’re a big improvement of the AquaXL line. Once they've set, they don’t smudge or transfer on my hooded eyes, and the color payoff is fantastic. 

It’s Skin Power 10 Formula LI Effector - This is primarily a licorice root serum. Licorice root is a well known skin soother that can also brighten. It’s helped my irritated skin immensely. 

COSRX Purefit Cica Serum - I think I’ve listed this as a monthly favorite before. It doesn’t take much to make my skin flush red as an inflammatory response. Simply rubbing my face too much or too hard will do it. So will various volatile ingredients. This cica serum is great at soothing my inflammation. 

Glossier Bubblewrap - The first half of my daily lip savior duo: I use it as a lip serum, but don’t use it anywhere else on my face. I’ve listed this as a monthly favorite before. I was using it only in the morning, but now I also use it at night. 

Aquaphor Ointment - The second half of my lip savior duo: after Bubblewrap has had a few minutes to sink into my lips, I dab on a little water and then top my lips with this ointment. Y’all have heard me rave about Aquaphor a lot before, so I won’t repeat myself. 🙂 

Redken All Soft Mega Shampoo - Last month I listed the conditioner from this line as a favorite. This month I tried the shampoo for the first time. I’ve spent years looking for a couple of shampoos I can use on a regular basis, and this one definitely fits the bill. For my hair, it works much better than the regular All Soft shampoo. 

@WinglessOne You reminded me that I want to try the MUFE eye liner!  AND, as soon as Ulta has the COSRX Cica, I'm going to try that, too.  I just might try the Redken All Soft Mega Shampoo as well.  I usually don't even mess around with my shampoo 🙂

@greeneyedgirl107 I've also been waiting for Ulta to get the COSRX Purefit line. They don't carry all (or even most) of this brand's products, but I hope they get this cica serum so I can stock up more often. 

I hope you like the MUFE eyeliner and Redken shampoo, if you try them! I'm still hunting for a second shampoo option... I like to have at least 2 reliable shampoos so I can periodically rotate hair products. Sure, Olaplex 4 works, but I'd like a slightly cheaper option. 

@WinglessOne I get so frustrated when a retailer only carries a portion of a line!  

It might be a while until I try the MUFE eyeliner, though.  I haven't worn makeup in weeks due to all the PPE I have to wear.  I might be able to try the Redken shampoo, though - I've been a little more adventurous with hair stuff recently since I'm just wearing it up.  No worries about a bad hair day right now.  Blessing in disguise!

@WinglessOne Great review of products. 

I love that lip mask @rosegoldlovely !

@rosegoldlovely Great products!

@rosegoldlovely Both these lip products are so good.  Got to love Tatcha.

love the UD lipsticks and IGK has great hair products for styling @AlexBT

new faves 💓 for me from this month's sale are Dior backstage foundation, NARS radiant creamy concealer, Fenty pro filter powder to add to my list of stellar makeup that includes Patrick Ta cream and powder blush, SydneyGrace shadows and Propa lipsticks and NARS matte bronzer

@2manyperfumes Nice favorites!  Enjoy!

@2manyperfumesit's  funny that you mentioned the Nars concealer. I know that it used to be such a classic ,hyped up product and I feel like no one ever talks about it anymore but I still love it too!

IMG_7417.jpgThese are the products I'm most grateful for this month. Been keeping my makeup mostly minimal lately. Still trying to find a way not to get lipstick all over the inside of my mask though lol. 

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color Unbutton PHLUR Hanami Eau de Parfum Travel Spray 0.33 oz/ 10 mL Eau de Parfum Travel Spray BECCA Cosmetics Zero No Pigment Glass Highlighter for Face+Lip tarte SEA Hydrocealer™ Concealer 14N Fair-Light Neutral tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer Fair 

@MaddyJ8 Omg yes, that Tarte tinted primer is a longtime holy grail for me - even though it's billed as a primer, it makes a great foundation for my low-coverage days. I just wish it came in more shades!

😯 The niacinamide powder! How is it @MaddyJ8?

😯 The niacinamide powder! How is it @MaddyJ8?

Re: 😯 The niacinamide powder! How is it @MaddyJ8?

@danielledanielle It works so well! I've been putting it in everything lol, I really like it! 😊

very nice @MaddyJ8 👌 I've been curious about the phlurr...

very nice @MaddyJ8 👌 I've been curious about the phlurr perfumes - love Fenty Beauty lippies

@MaddyJ8 Great collection of favs!  Enjoy. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos17
  • MonthlyFavesAugust.jpg
  • CYMERA_20200820_230043.jpg
  • Monthly Favorites!
  • Aug swatches.jpeg
  • GeorginaBT august 2020 faves.PNG
  • IMG_20200821_150516.jpg
  • tenor (19).gif
  • 711E1F91-6B24-40A0-BE63-600911EDB971.jpeg
  • IMG_7417.jpg
  • August 2020 favorites: some repeats and some new-to-mes.
testing