Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Introducing Live Community Chat!

Live Community Chat Image.jpg

Hey Beauty Insider Community!

We are so excited to introduce you to a brand new feature launching today on Sephora.com, Live Community Chat! This new feature allows you to ask and answer questions with other Sephora shoppers directly on product pages. So if you’re searching for a new moisturizer, have a specific question about that Sephora Collection lippie you’re about to purchase, or looking for the perfect gift for your mom, you can ask another Sephora shopper your question and get advice from someone immediately.

Who are those “someones” answering the questions, you ask? Well they’re you! Real people browsing and shopping the site and hanging out in the Beauty Insider Community.

Because we know that our Community members give the best advice and have awesome experience with so many of our products, we are inviting you all to be the very FIRST to jump into Community Chat, answer (and ask!) questions, and try it out. This is your chance to share your knowledge expertise with people shopping on Sephora.com, so that they can get real opinions from real people, in real time!

To launch chat, just visit your favorite product page and click on the “Chat live with Sephora shoppers” icon at the bottom of the page. The feature is available on desktop and mobile web right now, and will be launching on the Sephora app in the next few days.

Have more questions about how the feature works? Check out our FAQ page HERE.

Also we’ll be hanging out in this thread with our feature expert this afternoon, so as you’re trying it out and coming up with questions and feedback, post them here! We’ll try to answer everything we can.

We hope you think it’s a cool as we do!

UPDATE 2/19/21: As of August 2020, Live Community Chat has been retired to make room for a new and exciting way to swap info about your favorite products: Questions & Answers! If you have questions - or knowledge to share with the Community - about a certain product, visit the product page on Sephora.com and click "Ask a Question" under the Questions & Answers module. For more information on Questions & Answers, check out this thread: Introducing Questions & Answers! For customer service inquiries, visit our Customer Service Help page here

Re: Introducing Live Community Chat!

Oh I just got this email too now.  Interesting...I'm not familiar with TokyWoky

@Madeline7 @Milou07 did either of you sign up?

Nah...I'm personally waiting for Sephora to mention TokyWoky and verify that this is something we actually should sign up for.  I don't know anything about the service's reputation

@ElleElleG - I did!  It's sort of a more streamlined way to answer questions, and you can see other people's responses. 

@KatieBT is there a way to flag inappropriate "questions"??

This is fun!  I'm having a great time answering questions! 🙂  

One piece of feedback - I wish the window would stay active even if we switch pages in the background (i.e. to look up the name of a specific product).  

Wow!  I wasn't expecting to see so many questions within the chat feature.  Is there a way to filter or remove questions that have already received a response? 

Also, once you visit a product page is the Chat feature supposed to remain open/active once you navigate to a different page (like the BIC for example?)

If I remember correctly from the preview we got awhile back, the question disappears once it has received three answers!

I hope this feature is well used and cuts down on the multitude of random single product threads that have been popping up. I'm excited to try it out. 

Fingers crossed!

Seems like a nice feature.

Seems like a nice feature.

I'm having fun with this and think it's a great idea so far! The one thing that's bugging me a bit is that once I'm in a one-to-one live chat with someone, if I type more than two or three lines in the Reply box, the "Need Customer Service?" tab at the bottom covers the box so I can't see what I'm writing anymore. If I exit the chat and come back to it, there's suddenly more room, but it would be nice if the Reply box would expand upward, rather than downward, if that makes sense!

Whoops, it was just pointed out to me that the thread where you'll be looking for feedback is separate from this one -- everyone please pardon my repost!

This is so much fun!  Thanks for letting us know that it's live Katie!!

So the user names don't show of the person asking or answering?

I think you have to be logged in for it to show.  I've seen LiteraryLemon pop up a few times!  @KatieBT is that correct?

I have been playing with it for an hour or so and I think it is super neat. Thanks guys!

142 Replies
Photos12
  • Live Community Chat Image.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 3.00.57 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 3.01.20 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 3.01.05 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 5.03.49 PM.png
  • This customer asked about the Moschino release, and I explained about the shipping delays. They asked me if the website was incorrect, and I to,d them I don't work for Sephora, and then they got mean.
  • IMG_2188.PNG
  • IMG_2916.PNG
  • IMG_2915.PNG
  • IMG_2356.PNG
  • download.jpg
testing