cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Free Face Mask Friday 1/26

FaceMaskFridaySC.jpg

We are excited to announce an exciting event this week, Face Mask Friday! Head to your local Sephora this Friday, 1/26/2018, for a free Sephora Collection face mask with a Moisture Meter hydration reading. See additional details below. 

** Valid 1/26/2018 at 11:59 PM PST. This is a one-time-use-only offer valid for one free Sephora Collection Rose or Pearl face mask with a single Skin Hydration Reading. While supplies last.  Valid only at Sephora U.S. stores, Sephora Canada and Sephora inside JCPenney stores. Not valid on sephora.com.  Not valid for cash or cash equivalent.  Not valid for returns or resale and cannot be combined with any other promotional offers.  This offer is subject to change, alteration or termination by Sephora at its sole discretion at any time.  Void where prohibited.

Re: Free Face Mask Friday 1/26

I went to the store today too and got a mask. The SA did use the hydration tool on me and said it read 31 degrees, which meant my skin was dry so he recommended the rose mask to me. I was a little shocked when he said that because years ago at a Hudson's Bay counter, they told me I had combination skin and so I continued to think that was my skin type. I guess my skin has changed especially since I'm swimming multiple times a week. Thank you Sephora for offering this promotion!

@Guessgal @Zvezdochka Did they only meter one part of your face? Mine did forehead, under the eye, cheek and chin. 70, 60, 34, 32, respectively. 

@JessyAnne  Yes, mine just did my right jaw. It would make sense to measure multiple areas like yours did. I'm curious to try this again in more areas to see if it'll give a better sense of my moisture levels.

@Guessgal I found it really helpful that he did the four areas. After finding out the chin and cheek (close to my ear) area were the driest I started thinking...and realized that I do kinda neglect those areas when moisturizing. So, I won’t be doing that anymore. Also, I was really excited that my undereye was so hydrated! He said whatever I’m doing with my eyes not to stop. It’s nice to know my eye cream is doing it’s job!

@JessyAnne The lady who assisted me did my cheek and forehead. The readings were: 60 and 59 respectively. 

RE: Re: Free Face Mask Friday 1/26

Regular Swimming would definitely have taken a toll on your skin. But at least now you are better equipped to protect it. Mine read 60 which is normal, and I always thought of my skin as dry (minus the T zone). Oh well, live and learn lol

Re: RE: Re: Free Face Mask Friday 1/26

I think you got a good reading because you moisturized it very well! Good for you! It's just too bad that my dry skin has trouble when it comes to absorption or not working anymore when it gets used to anything! *Sigh*

Re: RE: Re: Free Face Mask Friday 1/26

@ZvezdochkaThat's true. I'm glad I went. It serves as a little reminder to mask more than once a week, since my skin is so dry!

Mine read 32 degrees so she thought I had dry skin, but I...

Mine read 32 degrees so she thought I had dry skin, but I actually have oily skin. Plus I had moisturizer on under my makeup. Not sure how accurate those things are since they only measure a tiny spot on your face.

Re: Mine read 32 degrees so she thought I had dry skin, but I...

Maybe the makeup was drying out your skin, so it's best to have it double-checked without anything on~

Good idea, and if I went back I would have them measure in more than 1 place. She only did the top of my cheek area which is normal skin, but the rest of my skin is oily.

@LisaCraftMom @dreamystar These are good points you bring up! I might try to get the hydration reading done again on my bare face if I get the skin fitness service done. I’ve always wanted to try that!! 😊

@Guessgal & @LisaCraftMom - Thing is, it probably might've not popped into my head had I not tried getting colour-matched for the first time with a mineral powder foundation when I was just getting into cosmetics, as I have sensitive skin, but heard that it was suitable for it and is made up of natural ingredients as well, despite the fact that it's supposed to be for oily & combination skin types, I still decided to give it a shot anyway, however, as soon as I had it on, I could see it drying out my face even more, so I then tried using facial water to set it and it ended up working out, looking perfect luckily! I think it'll be even more beneficial for everyone to not just get their skin checked on multiple areas without makeup on, but as well as seasonally, because the weather also affects our skin!

Thanks, Sephora!  This was an awesome promotion.  I just went into my local SIJCP and got my mask and I can't wait to try it out.  Since this will be a first time for me of using one of the Sephora-brand masks I'm really looking forward to seeing if I like it and it may prompt me to purchase one of the mask packs.  Really awesome way to connect with customers--thank you!

Anonymous Insider

I went to sijcp, they didn't test my skin which was disap...

I went to sijcp, they didn't test my skin which was disappointing because I wanted to see the result but they did give me a face mask but I had to use it in store, which was a bit weird. Next Sephora does an event thing like this they should inform all employees on how to do it because the Sephora employee seemed as confused when I asked about the skin reading

Re: I went to sijcp, they didn't test my skin which was disap...

@Anonymous I agree, that is so weird! 😅 mine was given to take home. 

They told me that I can use it in their store, but I gave them the excuse that I wanted to use it at home because I didn't have the time to spare there (which was true anyway!)! LOL!

they made you use it in store?... that's weird, I would f...

they made you use it in store?... that's weird, I would feel so awkward! hopefully you still enjoyed it a little!

@Anonymous  I find that BIC members are regularly more in the know that the actual employees!!!!!  At least most of the time they are super nice about it. I always go armed with the email or post to make sure I can educate them and get my perk if I go!!! LOLOL

Same here! What does BIC stand for by the way?

@dreamystar Beauty Insider Community

202 Replies
testing