cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Foundation help

Hi! 

I'm looking for some help with foundation. I have tried: clinique, urban decay, morphe, and most recently Anastasia Beverly Hills. I kind of liked Anastasia, but my skin is very absorbent, so when I wanted a heavier coverage look, I could never succeed with that. I have combination skin and my forehead is super oily. I tried out IT oil-free matte foundation, hoping it could help with my shiny forehead, but it made my skin super dry. Does anyone have an recommendations? I'm looking for something that is not super thick and will make my face look fresh. 

Thank you! 

Re: Foundation help

@ohhoneeee Maybe you can switch up your primer for a mattifying one for your t-zone.  I love MAC Skin refined zone as well as MAKE UP FOR EVER Step 1 Skin Equalizer - Mattifying Primer Mattifying Primer - For Oily Skin.  

What also helps is using a setting powder where you get really oily is a press and roll motion with a sponge.

You should use a hydrating primer on your skin, then a matte foundation on top, so that your actual skin underneath won't dry out from the matte foundation. Also you won't get oily, because of the matte foundation on top.

Hi @ohhoneeee!

Skincare and prepping is the most important step in making your foundation look nice.  I learned this the hard way.  Make sure you're using skincare products that are best for you and add things to your routine that will help you get a nice base to work on.  And don't forget sunscreen!

I really like Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation 7C2 Sienna (not this color).  It's matte, full coverage and not too heavy on my face.  Another one I used a few years ago and liked was the Hourglass Immaculate® Liquid Powder Foundation Mattifying Oil Free Golden Amber (not this color).

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing