Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Curly Fries, Let’s Talk Summer Hair with DevaCurl

Ever since I started at Sephora, @KatieBT has been trying to get me to try DevaCurl products. I’d come into the office each day, inevitably complain about something related to my hair, and she’d remind me that I needed to try long-time Community Holy Grail products from @devacurl And now that the sun is finally shining in San Francisco and I’m spending more time outdoors, my curls are just looking a bit …tired. Let me show you what I mean.

Exhibit A:

A photo of me during a normal work day after my hair has fully dried. Some of my curls are intact, others are not. The frizz is real, and especially on the top of my head. I call it my halo. But at least I am smiling, right? 🙂

frizz.jpg

And yes, my wash days are few and far between. I respect the natural oils! I have to believe that my issue is one part curly girl truth, one part thirsty damaged hair, and one part not using the right products. That is where @devacurl comes in!

They recommended a few products for me (will share in the comments), and they have so graciously offered to do the same for all of you! That’s right, I know all of you are unique unicorn curly wizards, so take this chance to get a personal consultation right here in Community.

**Sound off!: ask your question in the comments or post a photo and ask for recommendations.**

Re: Curly Fries, Let’s Talk Summer Hair with DevaCurl

Yaaaaaaaas!!! Your curls look fabulous! 😍

I can totally see the difference @LexBT! It looks so much glossier, soft, shiny, and the frizz is totally gone! Your curls are gorgeous, I love how Devacurl just helps to enhance and maintain the natural beauty! 

I love that their products don’t make hair feel hard and crunchy, I was a gel user too, and then moved on to mouse but found that made my hair a bit crunchy too, and greasy if I got too close to the roots. It’s nice to have alternatives now for styling curls! 

I’m all about that sudsy lathering life, was it hard for you to get used to the lack of suds? I think I just associate all the suds with getting clean hair, so maybe I need to drop that conception haha

Hi there! 

We totally get that some people are about that sudsy life! Our No-Poos are formulated to clean the scalp and don't have a lather, but the good news is that we have Low-Poo Delight and Original☺️

Our Low-Poos do have a mild lather for when you need some suds in your life ❤️

@bakeamuffin I've used natural cleansers in the past, so I'm used to low suds. And yes, GLOSSY is the perfect adjective and one that I am not used to hearing in reference to my hair, so thank you ❤️

@LexBT Your hair looks great and healthy! Love it! ❣️

@keana1 thank you!

I have a pixie again so there's not a lot of hair product in my life anymore, but I used to go to a Devacurl salon when I had hair halfway down my back and it made such a huge difference! I have 3A hair and getting the right cut with the right product on top is a total game changer.

Their styling cream worked best for me, along with learning to "plop" my hair with a t-shirt (and learning to stop touching it during the day!).

Styling Cream truly is a blessing 🙏

@fieldsofclover oh, I'd love to hear more about the haircut! I straightened my hair for so many years, that I'm not sure I've ever really had a curly girl cut...

This is exciting @LexBT! I’ve been enjoying the Texture Whip quite a bit, but I’d love to learn about some more of the Devacurl products. BEFD002C-4B83-410B-BD21-D7DC70D8B495.jpeg

My hair is naturally curly but I’ve spent years straighting it, and I wonder if I’ve damaged the curl by doing so. The ends seems to go straight or wavy when the rest is pretty uniform. I’d love to know what I can do to revamp my hair so that it’s curly all over and less frizzy (more moisture?). Thanks for any tips 😄

@bakeamuffin Your waves are beautiful! 

For you we would recommend Delight Low-Poo and One Condition for weightless moisture. To style, Wave Maker and Ultra Defining Gel for body and hold☺️

Try out some Deep Sea Repair to help bring revamp those waves from straightening it. Challenge yourself to not use hot styling tools for at least 30 days, you'll definitely see a difference❤️ 

Thank you so much @devacurl, I’m adding these to my cart right now so I can try them 😄 I’m up for the challenge, no heat styling for the month of August ✔️ 

@bakeamuffin Yay!! We can't wait to see your results, tag us on the gram 😉

@bakeamuffin you are gorgeous! Can't wait to see what @devacurl recommends. Sometimes my hair looks a bit more like yours, especially when it's humid.

Thank you @LexBT, your so sweet 😊 I hope I can bring my curls up a couple notches to more closely resemble yours! Your curls are fabulous 😄

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 35 replies
  • 115 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
Photos13
  • frizz.jpg
  • BEFD002C-4B83-410B-BD21-D7DC70D8B495.jpeg
  • devacurl highlight.jpg
  • devacurl.jpg
  • Dryyyyyy
  • Frizzy