Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trans is Beautiful
|

Full Makeover

Hello 👋 Everyone, I’m just now starting my Trans journey and I was planning  my first girls shopping 🛍️ day  and wanted to get a makeover, I’m still completely presenting male but plan to get a full makeover is this a service Sephora offers? also any advice/ tips and product recommendations for ya girl would be helpful. Thanks 

Re: Full Makeover

@XxJasmin5xX YEEEESSSS! I’m so excited for you! I still remember my very first makeover at Sephora. It was absolutely magical!

I’m not sure how you feel about being in a public space. You can request to move to a quieter spot in the store if that makes you feel more comfortable. Feel free to dress up before hand, they’re very welcoming. And don’t forget to bring some reference photos of the look you want to achieve. 

The 60 minute service is enough to do a basic look up to a soft glam look. If you really want to glam it up, you’ll need the 90 minute service. As @Westcoasty mentioned, some locations offer a 75 minute lesson. Even if your location doesn’t do lessons, you are welcome to ask questions along the way and they’ll leave you with tips to do it again at home. You can also ask for a full rundown of all the products they use in case you want to purchase them for yourself. 

And please come back and let us know how it went!

@XxJasmin5xX  Congratulations on starting your Trans journey! I wish you all happiness.

Yes, full makeovers are a service that Sephora offers, though nowadays you have to pay a fee (there was a time when you were given a card for a full makeover when you became a Beauty Insider). Sephora Canada charges $60 for a full face. However, they also offer a Beauty Lesson for $75 for 75 minutes, where they give you a guided tutorial on how to do it yourself. I suggest that one for you, rather than just a makeover, so that you can practice at home. Remember to budget for buying the products as well if you fall in love with what the Sephora associate uses on you.

If you go up to the Stores & Services link at top (desktop, that is - the mobile app will be a little different), you can choose your closest store, and then book an appointment online.

Product recommendations are a little tricky, because nothing suits everyone's skin, colouring, etc. The Sephora associate will definitely be able to help you out with this during your makeover. You may also wish to get your ColorIQ done in store (free service) and uploaded to your profile, as this is very helpful when buying items like foundation and concealer online in future. Just remember that if you get a tan, or lose a tan, your ColorIQ will change.

The associates in the store will also be able to assist with skincare recommendations, if you want them. Just be warned - it's very easy to spend way more than you intended, surrounded by all those amazing products! LOL

Good luck, girl! Have fun! 💋

Thanks so much for the information i’ll definitely be booking an appointment💕

@XxJasmin5xX  Yay! Come back and tell us how it went. 😁

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing