Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trans is Beautiful

Anti aging creams

Is there a cream that checks all or most of the boxes regarding the youthful rejuvenation of your skin? What would you recommend and why?

Re: Anti aging creams

Ooh I like to combine the powers of my cleansers, masks, serums, moisturizers, and facial oil to check all my boxes @ElJefecito 

My favorite night cream right now for its heavy moisturizing properties and excellent price is Mario Badescu Seaweed Night Cream 1 oz / 28 g 

Before using it for a night for an anti aging routine, I would use The Ordinary Multi-Peptide + Copper Peptides 1% Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL 

(That one is definitely worth taking a look at 😉)

Hi @ElJefecito! I don’t think there’s a single magic bullet product that can take care of every skincare issue. I wish there was because it would save me so much time getting ready in the morning. I’ve been curating a routine for a while now that helps manage my skin and I’m slowly working my way back to smooth healthy skin. My routine changes from time to time based on my skin’s needs. 

Do you have a skincare routine? What’s yours like? If you don’t have a routine yet, what type of skin do you have and what concerns are you trying to address? I’d be happy to suggest a few things if I can or you can check out my routine below for ideas. 

Spoiler
A bit of background. I have really dry skin and a damaged skin barrier due to eczema. My current routine involves maintaining hydration and healing when I have a bad flare up. It’s an organ and just like any injury to other bodily organs, it takes time and patience to bet better.

Cleanser: Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm then The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL or BYOMA Creamy Jelly Cleanser.

Toner: LANEIGE Cream Skin Toner & Moisturizer 5.0 oz/ 150 mL or First Aid Beauty Hydrating Toner with Squalane + Oats 6 oz/ 177 mL 

Serum (I cycle through depending on how my skin is doing and my skin’s needs): The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL for hydration and The Ordinary Azelaic Acid 10% Suspension Brightening Cream for texture and healing (AM & PM) SEPHORA COLLECTION Ultra Glow Serum: Glow + Strengthen Vitamin C Serum to help with scaring and wrinkles (AM only) and COSRX The Retinol 0.1 cream to help with wrinkles and lines (PM only)

Moisturizer: SEPHORA COLLECTION All Day Hyaluronic Acid Hydrator Moisturizer or Etude Soon Jung 2x Barrier Intensive Cream and Etude Soon Jung Cica Balm to seal in the moisture on really dry days

Eczema Care: Tower 28 Beauty Mini SOS Daily Rescue Facial Spray 1 oz/ 30 mL and Skinfix Eczema+ Dermatitis Face Balm 0.48 oz/ 13.5 mL for days when I have a flare up and my skin is extremely irritated and red

Eyes: Frudia Pomegranate Nutri-Moisturizing Eye Cream

Lips: I’m currently rotating through a few to find my favourite lip balm during the day, but I can recommend SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Lip Balm & Scrub Coconut or Blistex Deep Relief lip balm (AM) and COSRX Lip Mask (PM)

SPF: Clarins Dry Touch Facial Sunscreen SPF 50

You curated an amazing skin care regime here @JoSometimes 🤩

Thanks @CynthieLu! I got a bit of inspiration from you! 😊

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing