Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Re: How to incorporate cleansing oil?

If you use SPF daily, the cleansing oil would be for removing all of the sunscreen, and the cleanser you follow up with would actually be for cleansing your skin.

So yes, double cleansing is recommended. 

Some people with extremely dry/sensitive skin will use an oil cleanser as a single step cleanser, however, for the rest of us it's best combined with a gentle cleanser. Shu Uemura's cleansing oils are mostly mineral oil (Edited to add: apparently this particular one does not have any mineral oil) so they're not great for your skin. I would only ever consider using it as a single step if it was packed with oils good for skin. I've used two bottles of Shu Uemura cleansing oil before and have since switched to something else. I also double cleanse.

Re: RE: Re: How to incorporate cleansing oil?

Good luck @Jaws2!

Personally, double cleansing has been a game changer for me and my adult skin. Using an oil cleanser is a great way to remove spf and sebum. That said, you absolutely need to follow it up with a cream or gel cleanser to remove the traces of the oil cleanser left on your skin and to actually cleanse the skin of impurities. Most people, including myself, only use oil cleansers at night as they generally don't serve a huge purpose for morning cleansing, but like all skincare that is totally dependent on your own skin reaction and preferences. 

RE: How to incorporate cleansing oil?

Hi there! I’m a big fan of the double cleansing method at night. It’s just an effective way of getting the day off. Even when I just wear sunscreen, I double cleanse before going to sleep. Do you have a favorite water-based cleanser you can use after?

RE: How to incorporate cleansing oil?

Great! Hopefully, you will end up liking it and see the benefits it gives!😊

Try double-cleansing at night, oil followed by your regular cleanser, and your regular cleanser in the morning. This way you can use the oil up, and see if the extra step in your nightly routine does any good for your skin. 

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 16 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing