cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Anonymous Insider

smoking

Hello, I just turned 17 yesterday and me and my friends smoked hookah yesterday and also the day before, I smoke hookah occasionally like maybe once every 2 weeks and I've been trying to not smoke at all and yesterday and the day before was the first time in a while because it was my birthday, I  wanted to ask if any damage has been done? Did I just fasten up my aging process or this wasn't a huge amount to make the aging process faster? (plus also the amount for the occasional smoking I said earlier) Be honest, please! If for now I'm going to get wrinkles soon for the amount I'm talking about was an amount that just made my aging process faster? For the amount I used to smoke + the last two days would they have caused any long-term like early wrinkles damage yet for the skin? Anything to reverse the effects for now? Thank you!

Smoking once is not going to change your aging process, h...

Smoking once is not going to change your aging process, however, continually smoking most definitely will. Look at the skin of an older smoker - the entire face is wrinkled, the skin color is poor, the texture of the skin is terrible, and these people generally look 10 years or more older than they really are. We won't even get into the health risks. I'm 54 years old, and I am around people my age and older who smoke who look 10 to 20 years older than their actual ages. They also have very poor general health. Don't get in the habit of even doing it occasionally.

Re: smoking

First off: Happy Birthday!

Secondly: You're not going to have done irreversible damage unless you've previously been a chain smoker.  That said...long term smoking does cause aging issues and can lead to increased lines around your mouth (you can also get these from drinking everything through a straw...same basic principle).

You probably don't need to do anything at this point to reverse damage, again...unless you've been a really heavy smoker you will not likely have done lasting damage.  Am I going to tell you to keep smoking?  Of course not.  It does lead to damage.  Have you ruined your skin for life at this point?  No.

Again, happy birthday.  I hope this has put your mind at ease, at least to an extent.

Anonymous Insider

Re: smoking

Thank you! I wasn't a heavy smoker, I only used to smoke hookah like once every one or two weeks and it's been a while because I'm trying to stop, I've been smoking hookah occasionally for 3 years like every one every one/two weeks, do you think that amount is considered heavy or made an affect too? Sorry for being annoying haha! 🙂

ChristineR07 wrote:

First off: Happy Birthday!

Secondly: You're not going to have done irreversible damage unless you've previously been a chain smoker.  That said...long term smoking does cause aging issues and can lead to increased lines around your mouth (you can also get these from drinking everything through a straw...same basic principle).

You probably don't need to do anything at this point to reverse damage, again...unless you've been a really heavy smoker you will not likely have done lasting damage.  Am I going to tell you to keep smoking?  Of course not.  It does lead to damage.  Have you ruined your skin for life at this point?  No.

Again, happy birthday.  I hope this has put your mind at ease, at least to an extent.

RE: smoking

No, one time or an occasional hookah session shouldn’t make you age faster. It will however create toxins in the skin that will pop up as blemishes or dullness. Do a mask and put on a serum to combat the effects.
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing