Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

sensitive skin + ordinary glycolic toner???

Anyone with sensitive skin have a verdict on whether or not it's a good idea to try the Ordinary's Glycolic Acid Toner? I've recently started breaking out a bit more than I'm used to and wanted to start using an exfoliator more regularly. Sephora's description says this product should be fine for sensitive skin and it doesn't have any ingredients I'm explicitly allergic to, but do any other sensitive babes have advice?

Thanks beauties!!

RE: sensitive skin + ordinary glycolic toner???

I’m an esthetician. Question i ask my clients: what do you mean by sensitive? Do you break out easily? Does your skin dry out? Does your skin feel tight? Do you get redness? Do you have rosacea? Do you blush easily? Are you heat sensitive? Let me know and I can make a recommendation.

If you have dry and sensitive skin- just stay away from toner, period. I have the same issue- recently saw my dermatologist in Beverly Hills, and that was a direct quote from him. No Toner!

Hi @jazzhannah With dry, sensitive skin, I stray from glycolic acid. I don’t know what it is, but my skin just does work well with it. I have tried DE framboos and Ren’s toner. Although I have not tried TO’s, I would be weary to try it. I may be wrong however, and your skin may be happy with it. Just do an spot test. Good luck!!

Agreed. I’m an esthetician and sensitive skin should not use glycolic or salicylic acids, especially in a toner that you would be using daily.
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing