cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Anonymous Insider

low maintenance mascara for sensitive eyes

I'm looking for a mascara that is barely there, easy to apply and lasts long. I'm Italian and Spanish, so I already have dark lashes and skin, but I still need a bit of mascara to make my eyes look their best. I have year round allergies and rub my eyes a lot so I'm looking for a mascara that won't smudge if i accidentally touch my eyes. I also don't want my mascara to smear and smudge when my eyes water from allergies. I've tried many different options, and these are the problems I've run into. I've started just not wearing makeup but i miss it! if anyone has a solution, I would rly appreciate it! 

Re: low maintenance mascara for sensitive eyes

Are your eyes sensitive to cosmetics, or are they just more irritated in general because of your allergies? Most of the clean/sensitive/hypoallergenic mascaras I know of are smudge-prone, but if you don't need as delicate of a formula the Urban Decay Cannonball is good and waterproof... that's my "swimming pool mascara".

@Anonymous I think some of it has to do with how you apply the mascara.  For example, you may wish to just apply one coat for a little definition.  Or, you can press the want to the lashes, moving from bottom to top, instead of sweeping it from bottom to top.  Good luck!

Hi @Anonymous, one of my favorites for the needs you mentioned is the Kevyn Aucoin Volume Mascara. It's a tubing mascara so it's long-lasting but still easy to remove at the end of the day, and doesn't smudge!

Anonymous Insider

thank you so much! excited to try! 🙂 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing